Thursday, May 25, 2023

Thursday already?

 I have been staying busy.   I had ordered an expensive bird feeding station but I sent it back as the birds weren't coming around but I had squirrels, chipmunks, crows and groundhogs!  The squirrel was going on my roof and then I noticed he was chewing my wooden stairs.  I'm done, so I sent the feeder back and brought the bird bath in to the garage.  I hadn't seen any hummers either but, of course, the minute I went to take it down and hang up a geranium...a hummer showed up.  

I decided to plant some flower seeds that I had but I had no soil.  I went uptown and got some and they had all their plants 1/2 price....I couldn't resist!

 a red geranium........

an azalea, a white rose (fragrant), an ever blooming lilac and a hibiscus........


I planted seeds in pots and labeled.  I have 9 so far but there are about 4 or 5 more to do.

I did manage to finish block #4 of the red and white quilt on Sunday.........

This week I am working on the Wolf XS in my rotation but today and tomorrow I am working on the baby Jesus Mill Hill kit on perforated paper as I work on Christmas XS on the 24th and the 25th of the month.

I need to finish up the planting and maybe do more painting although it is getting late for today....

I hope you are all doing well.  Are you gardening or planting?  My seeds are older so we'll see if any of them sprout.

Happy Trails!!!




 

6 comments:

Between Me and You said...

It's Chelsea Flower Show week here (in London) so lots of beautiful flowers and gardens to view, albeit through the TV but still inspirational. Wonder if you could watch it over there?

Betsy said...

That's a lovely quilt blocks Sam and I really like your cross stitch too. The only outside plants I have is my pot of pansies from Mandy's family for Mother's Day. I thought of planting a few more pots but since we'll be gone for a month or so in June & July, I don't want Mandy to have to come over every day to water them. Maybe if we don't travel as much in the summer someday, I can plant more flowers to enjoy.
Don't over do your jobs around the house. I get concerned when I think of you all alone there, although I'm sure that your daughter is communicating with you quite often.
Blessings and hugs,
Betsy

Susan said...

I am not much into gardening - prefer my sewing - but top marks to you for doing it - I hope they all thrive!

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

Between You and Me - I saw the royals at the show but I'll have to see if I can see the show itself. Lucky you...it's the best one in the world!
Betsy - I don't blame you...maybe you could get artificial ones. Some of them are so realistic now.
Susan - I have way too many interests! LOL!

Far Side of Fifty said...

We bought a tomato plant yesterday so far it is not planted:)

Jeanna said...

Your red and white block is so pretty. Those blocks are going to make a lovely quilt.