Sunday, May 21, 2023

YOP Week #47 Year 12

 I guess I've missed 2 weeks here!  I do have an excuse from my doctor though....lol!  I'm feeling great again.  I hope it lasts.  I  have been working on projects but many you've seen before and they haven't changed that much.  I'm on the heel flap of sock #2, I've worked on Blackbird Design Saturday project...still just a big brown bird.  I have worked on my Star XS..........over halfway done and such a joy to stitch........

I worked on my embroidery sampler book and finished page 4 and now I'm working on the cover page....this is so much fun!  It's from Under The Garden Moon if you're interested.  They have all sorts of lovely projects...and her tutorials are wonderful..........

I also finally got back to my Block of the Month Club and got going on block #4 which I am hoping to finish today.......

 On Mondays I work on Christmas presents and I have one  that is almost finished.  I've also kitted up Halloween ornaments which will get started after the Christmas present is done.

I got some treasures this week..........patriotic lights for my tree..........

some new highlighters........

and a flower press.......I was going to make one but my trip to Mountain Home to get the materials got canceled because of my illness so I figured I would bite the bullet and buy one or the flowers would be gone.......it's a very nice set and I plan on pressing some flowers this afternoon.........

mainly these flowers..........my beautiful pansies........

Yesterday I made soup and cinnamon crescent rolls and worked on the Block of the Month and my Blackbird Design XS.  Today is sewing, flower pressing, and Sabbath XS.  Plus, a grocery list and order.

Oh, I also finished my deep cleaning of the kitchen (walls, countertops, stove, and backsplashes) for now...there is much more to do but not now.  I'll be back to painting my bookshelves this coming week.

The weather here is gorgeous....no humidity yet.

I've read another Alexander McCall book; Tears of the Giraffe and now I'm reading book #3; Morality for Beautiful Girls.  So enjoyable.  I'm also reading Revenge about "the war between the Sussex's and the Windsors....very interesting.  One new thing that I discovered and I am really enjoying are BBC Radio Dramas on You Tube.  They are great to listen to while doing handwork as you don't have to keep looking up at a screen.  That's all for this week.  I hope you are all doing well and enjoying life! 

Happy Trails!!!

7 comments:

Maureen D said...

Glad you are feeling better. Sounds to me like you are getting A LOT done!! I'm mainly lying on the coach! No deep cleaning from me. Such beautiful stitching and quilting (not to mention the delicious baking).

Leftycrafter said...

So glad you are still feeling well. You have been very busy with your crafts. Your stitching is fantastic. Pressing flowers is seldom heard of anymore. I am excited to see your yours turn out.

Miss Merry said...

So happy for better news on the health front! All your projects are wonderful. You have kept busy!

Betsy said...

I'm so glad that you're feeling so much better...but don't overdo. I like your projects. The embroidery sampler is really cute.
We're all moved in and enjoying life in our new condo. The weather here in Omaha has been great too, warm with low, low humidity. I'm enjoying every moment of windows open and no AC. I know those days will end too soon.
Blessings and hugs,
Betsy

Far Side of Fifty said...

Pansies press beautifully! Sure hope you keep on feeling better!

HighlandHeffalump said...

I’m so glad you are feeling better. Looks like you are keeping busy. The stitch book is a lovely idea. I hope the flower pressing goes well.

Lucy Bowen said...

It sounds as though you are making the most of feeling better! Your projects look great as always and the pansies are beautiful, I hope you got to pressing some of them.