Thursday, September 14, 2023

Beautiful weather here....

 I had to go to Salem today to get a tetanus shot.  The doctor keeps asking me and I kept forgetting.  I finally went to the Fulton County Health Department and got one.  The nurse was so nice and we hit it off like we were old friends.  There was no one else there so we talked and talked.  She told me to stop by and see her the next time I come to Salem.  I will too...we laughed and laughed!  It was a fun afternoon.  

I got quite a bit done this morning, got the clothes off the clothesline and yes, my washer is broke.  I got a hold of Sears Appliance Repair and some guy is coming the 19th.  I'll probably need to go to the laundromat before then or just wash a few things in the tub.  I just did laundry so I'm in pretty good shape.  I paid bills and I'm cooking potato soup right now.

I got treasures in the form of yarn, yesterday.........this is a restock of my DK colors...

plus some chunky yarn for a new project I am starting...........tune in Sunday to see what it is..........

 There's a football game on tonight!

Happy Trails!!!


7 comments:

Leftycrafter said...

I just donated all my DK yarn to the prayer shawl ministry. Looking forward to seeing what your bulky yarn is going to become

Miss Merry said...

We have started getting all our shots, vaccines, boosters at our health department. The nurses are all so sweet and kind and friendly.

Can't wait to hear about the secret project!

My refrigerator needs new seals on both doors and it is almost enough for both seals (and no labor if my husband replaces them) to buy a new refrigerator. I just can't believe you can't repair things anymore. Grrrrrrr

Betsy said...

Those tetanus shots can be quite ouchy the next day. I hope you do great with yours though and no after effects. We're trying to decide when or if, we are going to get a flu shot this year. We get them every shingle year and still get the flu. Yucky. Take care my dear friend.
Blessings,
Betsy

Jeanna said...

Its nice you made a new friend. Can't wait to see what you make with the new chunky yarn. And I hope your washing machine is a quick and easy fix.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Pretty Fall yarn colors!

Between Me and You said...

Nice to see you using a good old fave from UK. I have used it on a few projects and have been pleased with the results. Wonder if the red chunky is destined to be a Santa??I'm queuing for a pneumonia jab, COVID vaccine top up and flu jab but I'm afraid a firm decision as to whether or not I'll have them has yet to be made. Apparently stomach problems make your autoimmune system weak so they recommend early protection this flu season.

Between Me and You said...

Ps forgot to mention a shingles jab is required now too!