Sunday, September 3, 2023

YOP Week #10 Year 13


Fall is on the way!  The acorns are starting to fall and some leaves are turning color.  Now if the temperature would cool down a bit it would be perfect!  Here in Arkansas it will be awhile.

I've been a slow boat to China for the last few weeks...not sure why but I still made some progress.  I finally found my dyes and was able to make a creepy fabric for my Halloween cross stitch for this year.  I have some smalls going on but this one is a biggy...........I  made a little progress...I'm starting in the upper left corner

I went down many rabbit holes this week and started this free pattern from MadebyAnita....if you like crochet please check her out plus she has a free app for crochet that is awesome!  This pattern is called Memento and there is one block for each month of the year....I'm starting in September but at the end of the year you have a nice crocheted throw.....here's my blocks so far........I also learned how to make 2-toned granny squares.....there are 16 granny squares and so far I have 6 so I think I will be able to accomplish this by the end of September.

I've worked on my basket too.......I'm coming up the sides now.........

I also found a vest pattern (crocheted) that I want to make to start working on my wardrobe.....somehow the crochet bug has bitten me hard!

The Prism blanket is getting bigger but I'm still on the purple.  I think maybe I should have used a regular Mandala instead of the bonus Mandala....we'll see.........

I worked on doing the finishing work on the star mug rugs but it is time consuming....steaming and waiting overnight for  them to dry, then cutting  them apart and glueing on the back the edge of the fabric and yarn, waiting for that to dry and then trimming the edges through the glue which really hurt my hands.  I have 2 done and 2 to go.  After that it should be easier to finish them up.  The 2 on the top are not trimmed yet and that is the back side...the 2 on the bottom have been trimmed and  they are right side up.........

I did finish something.....this book by Nicholas Sparks and his brother Micah...a memoir and a great one at that!  I highly recommend!  I am saving it for my daughter to read while she is here over Thanksgiving but after that I will pass it on to whoever would like it.  My next non-fiction is The Color of Water by James McBride - a black man's tribute to his white mother.  I've had this book for years but never read it.  It was published in 1996.  

I bought a new pattern that I will not be starting until the new year but I didn't want to miss out as fabrics and patterns many times go out of print.  This pattern was designed by an Irish gal in Ireland in County Donegal where my Irish ancestors lived.....I had a picture of my great, great grandmother's cottage but I can't find it now.....anyway...it looked just like this.....so of course I have to make it!  It's divided into 10 sections as a Crochet Along and supposedly you can get it done in 10 weeks...LOL!  You probably can, if you don't cook, clean, bathe, or sleep and eat.....lol!  But it's always good to set your aims high!


  I hope all my friends in the U.S. are enjoying the Labor Day weekend.....all you hard workers deserve a 3 day weekend and more!

Here are some Fall tidbits to get you in the mood....for falling leaves and pumpkin spice everything.........

here's the link to it

Happy Trails!!!

 





 


8 comments:

Leftycrafter said...

Seems to me you were plenty busy. I like how you dye your fabric for cross stitching.

Maureen D said...

Lots of fun crafts on your plate. It's hot up here in Ohio too. I'm lucky if I get to wear any of my Halloween stuff as it often stays hot until November.

Lucy Bowen said...

And again all of your projects are wonderful. I love the preparation for your cross stitch!

nypeapod said...

Even though the star coasters are time consuming they are turning out lovely. Great job on finding your dyes. Wonderful work - thank you for sharing.

Miss Merry said...

I just love that Irish throw!!! I think your "big" halloween project looks pretty challenging, though.

Far Side of Fifty said...

You are a busy gal! We are having a heat wave!

Quazar said...

You seem quite busy to me! I like how the star coasters are coming out.

Jeanna said...

Your star mug rugs are looking great. There sure are a lot of steps to rug hooking. I like the looks of the two-toned granny square.I've never made one but I see how they will make a nice leaf.