Sunday, September 10, 2023

YOP Week #11 Year 13

 Fall is really here in AR!  We are down to the 80's and 60's at night and the leaves are just barely starting to change....but it's wonderful!  I hope wherever you are you are enjoying yourself and your season.

This is like Summer to me because now that the extreme heat is gone, I can actually go outside and get some work done....such as mulching, trimming, painting and repairing.

But today is all about what I got done craftwise this past week.....not too much but there was progress........

 I finally finished the body of the Snowy Owl and now I'll be working on the head.  It's not that it's a difficult or big project, it's just that I only do 1 or 2 rounds a day......

I worked on the big Halloween cross stitch project and you can definitely see progress.  Yes, the owl is supposed to be upside down......

I finished all the granny squares for the Maple Leaf block and now I am crocheting them together.......

I worked on the Prism blanket and finally got to a new color!  That took forever....it was getting really boring with that purple........

Here's a closeup..........


As for "haul/stash", I got some Christmas fat quarters for some Christmas projects....I also have yarn coming but it hasn't arrived yet..............

 My crafting goals for the coming week are finish the star mug rugs, finish the crocheted maple leaf block, work on Snowy Owl, final finish Halloween ornaments for the grands, and hopefully finish cutting out Block of the Month #7.  Plus, there are some project bags to make!

For you crocheters out there you need to take a look at this video on You Tube for a bunch of wonderful Fall crochet projects....amazing collection....BIG rabbit hole so be careful........I think you'll need to copy and paste.  I don't know how to embed videos....I should learn..........

https://youtu.be/QGpJjz6zOLU?si=tPQrvpJJAl5uu4x-

 In other news...my flowers are blooming their little hearts out............so beautiful..........

This sweet little girl visited me this week............she looked right at me and didn't get spooked at all....just gingerly walked into the woods.......it looks like she's already changing color for the winter....they go from blondish to brownish...........

These acorns are from an oak tree in my front yard but not your normal oak or your normal acorns....these acorns are about as big as your pinky nail....very tiny!  I go out and pick them up each day and I will "bake the bugs" out of them when I have a bunch and then use them around candles....

This is the way I've been feeling this week............lol!  Can anyone relate to this?
Happy Trails!!!




11 comments:

Leftycrafter said...

Well, golly gee. You did so much this week. The snowy owl is just beautiful. The textures are awesome. The Halloween cross stitch is cute. Love the upside down owl. The Maple Leaf is so colorful. Really nice. That prism blanket is going to be so squishy. The bigger it gets the quicker the colors will change for you. That little deer is so sweet. How nice to live with wild life all around. We are supposed to drop below 110 this week which will be a blessing. I will enjoy being able to step outside without melting lol.

Between Me and You said...

Can't wait to see Snowy Owl finished. Also Prism Blanket. Looks like it's going to be interesting. Have a great week, Busy Lady.

Between Me and You said...

Ps love the 'funny'. It's very appropriate for me this weather!!

Miss Merry said...

Just love the maple leaf crochet block!!! The owl is going to be so pretty. It is cooler today but I think we are supposed to get hot again. I would like some "medium" weather, LOL.

I don't think that's a funny - I think that's the truth!!!!

Maureen D said...

Love the fall colors of your Maple Leaf blanket. Can't wait to see the Snowy Owl once it's stuffed. I still hope to knit a fox for my granddaughter. I need to get cracking if I'm going to make that.

Cinna Knits said...

Your Maple Leaf crochet project LOOKS JUST LIKE THE COLORS OF A MAPLE TREE!!! I love it.

I hope are are not experiencing the false fall! Getting outside again always feels GOOD. Staying indoors because of dangerous extreme temperatures is draining.

Can't wait to see the Owl!

nypeapod said...

All of your projects look stunning. Great idea about the acorns. Thank you for the link to the youtube video.

ceulanfibres said...

Haha, yes I feel like that a lot, you have my sympathy! It looks like you had a great week of crafting, your crochet blanket is beautiful. I wish I had some slightly more interesting wildlife in my garden, she’s adorable.

Quazar said...

Nice weekly progress on so much! The Halloween cross-stitch is especially cute. It cooled off here too, but for us, it went from high 80s to 60s.

Jeanna said...

Your crochet and knitting projects are pretty. You are really tempting me with those but I MUST finish some other projects first.

Far Side of Fifty said...

I can so agree with you I want to be nice too! You are making good progress on your projects!