Sunday, September 24, 2023

YOP Week #13 Year 13

 Fall is here for real...rain, cooler temps, colors changing.....so wonderful!  I finally have some finishes!

The 2023 Annual Collectible Ornaments are done!


This next one is mine as it reminds me of Miss Peeps..............

I also finished my star mug rugs.............

I worked on Prism and it's getting interesting now with new colors popping up............it's so easy and a great project for watching t.v.

I'm really into cross stitching for Halloween and/or Fall...........I did this little tiny XS.......

and now I'm working on a "Happy Cat" small, a free pattern from Melissa at Pinker and Punkin blogspot....my big Halloween project got some work this week but it definitely will not be done by this Halloween..........it's funny because while you're stitching on you can't see what it really is until you step back and look....I had no idea when I was stitching that "V" shape that it was a bat!

I'm not sure if you've ever heard of a "unicorn" chart.  It is a cross stitch chart that you have  yearned for.  Well, I only had one that I have searched for and wanted for over 5 years (it's out of print) and although I had found a few I thought they wanted too much for it so I passed.   Well, I found one and although pricey I finally bit the bullet and bought it.  After all, I'm 74, so how many years can I waste looking for it?  It will give me great joy to stitch it and hopefully finish and frame it and have it in my home.....you can't put a price on that kind of joy!   It is Birds of a Feather, Sally Spencer Sampler.....there are all kinds of beautiful samplers out there but for some reason this one just spoke to me loud and clear.........

It's not a great picture but I have ordered all the floss and the material so you will be seeing much more of Miss Spencer, in the near future!

I managed to go through all my patterns and printouts and divide them into categories.  Today, I will put them in plastic sleeves and notebooks and  they will be all organized!  It will be a good project while watching football this afternoon.

I hope you had a great week and are enjoying whatever season you are in.

Yay!!!

Happy Trails!!!



13 comments:

HighlandHeffalump said...

Oh I do so love all the halloween themed ornaments and that new project looks fabulous. I didn't spot the bat until you mentioned it and now of course I can't unsee it...very clever design.

MaureenHD said...

I do love the idea of having a seasonal tree as a decoration. Just haven't done it yet. I do use seasonal kitchen towels and guest bathroom decorations. Plus a seasonal wreath on the front door. I live vicarious through you!

Miss Merry said...

Your finishes are adorable! I love all the Halloween. Can't wait to see your new start!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Such cute Halloween Ornaments!

Between Me and You said...

You're so disciplined with all your projects. I'm loving the look of the Prism blanket. The new sampler looks so pretty. There's a little emblem at the bottom of the sampler that looks like the Scottish flag (blue and white cross)? The funny is spot on!

Betsy said...

Those are very cute ornaments. I like the idea of all the patterns in binders. In fact I sarted putting all of my knitting/crochet patterns in binders but never got them all finished.
Blessings,
Betsy

Jeanna said...

You've had a very productive and creative week! The Halloween ornaments finished nicely. I'm glad you found your Unicorn Chart and look forward to following your progress on the Sally Spencer sampler.

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

Between Me and You - yes, there is a white X inside a blue circle outlined in red. Is that the Scottish Flag? I'm going to go look it up....since this sampler called to me, does that mean I am Scottish and not Irish? LOL!

Leftycrafter said...

So, when your washing machine dies, you have more time for crafting lol. Those little ornaments are precious. And the star mats turned out fantastic. I see the color changes in the prism blanket. It looks like it is going to be very squishy and cuddly. I am ready for leggings and yoga pants! They are my comfy home clothes.

Quazar said...

The ornaments are extra cute. I especially like the little black kitty.

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog

Rajani Rehana said...

Please read my post

Lucy Bowen said...

As always I love your cross stich ornaments. And I am very much looking forward to your sampler progress.