Wednesday, September 27, 2023

Wednesday already???

 I've been staying busy as usual.  Packed more thrift boxes into the car, took some items to the post office, collected and froze goldenrod in water for dyeing later this year; probably after the holidays. I've been pruning and I got my supplies for my unicorn chart, Sally Spencer.  Of course, I dropped everything and started her!  I've waited over  5 years for this chart  to cross stitch...here's what I was able to do this afternoon in between chores..........I'm really enjoying it and the fabric I chose is beautiful.  It's 32 count Vintage Mocha with lots of mottling which I love..........

My flowers are gorgeous.  I finally learned what flowers I can grow that the deer won't bother.....I have a bumper crop this year...........they're planted in my old horse trough........


 


I "leaf" you with this little tidbit............
 

Happy Trails!!!




5 comments:

Miss Merry said...

Oh, the poor man with the rake, LOL.
You are so busy! I can't wait to see more on your project!
Your flowers are just lovely .

Betsy said...

I'm so glad we don't have any yard work anymore. Especially raking leaves! That poor snow globe guy. Your flowers are so pretty and they are lasting right into fall. 32 count?!?! You must have some great eyesight. I'm working on 14 and I still have to have good light. Evenings are for playing with yarn instead.
Blessings,
Betsy

Between Me and You said...

I know how snow globe guy feels! Spent most of the day yesterday raking up leaves and during the night it was blowing a hoolie, so back to square one today!! Love your new stitching.

Jeanna said...

You made some really nice progress on Sally Spencer. I love your fabric. I have more 32 count fabrics than anything (I think) but I'm stretching to 36 and a little bit of 40. The flowers in the trough are gorgeous! You must have some beautiful bouquets inside.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Pretty flowers! I feel like that guy in the leaf globe:)