Thursday, August 31, 2023

Played hooky today!!!

 I went down several rabbit holes today and now I want to start even more projects!  Woe is me!  I thought I would share it with you so maybe you will get inspired (sucked in) too.

I found a new to me crochet designer and I love everything she does!  She's from the U.K. and she is Anita Gibley and her blog and IG is madebyanita.co.uk 

I printed off several of her patterns...I chose the free ones for now and she uses mostly DK yarn which is what I have the most of (although it is getting depleted and I can see I need to order more).

She has beautiful blankets and there is a cute one for Halloween and Christmas..........

The nice thing is you can order yarn packs for many of her projects.....

This is my favorite but it will be awhile before I attempt it as I have several on the go right now.....

The other really cool thing is that she and her son developed an app, Crochet Studio, for Iphone or Android and it is free.  It allows you to test out color patterns and there is a video which explains it better than I can.  I tried to download but I need a new phone....mine has very little storage.  It is really an awesome app!

Right now to satisfy my desire to do one of her patterns.....she has a Memento blanket (free patterns) of which there is one square for each month.  At the end of the year you have 12 squares and you crochet them altogether and you have a nice throw.  It started in January but since I am late I will start now for September and it is a maple leaf.  She has videos for everything, and great written instructions.  If you are a crocheter or would like to be, check out her blog and IG account.

Here's the Maple Leaf square.........

I will leave you with all that inspiration!
Happy Trails!!!
 
 
 

5 comments:

Cousin Kay said...

Really cute designs!

Miss Merry said...

My simple crochet skills are not up to that inspiring and gorgeous Halloween throw, but that square at the end!!!! I love the leaf pattern. Wouldn't that make cute cushion covers for fall? That is a rabbit hole I might fall into, too.

Betsy said...

I've been watching a couple of You-tubers making the Christmas blanket. She seems to be very popular in the crochet world right now.
There's nothing wrong with going down a rabbit hole. Lots of inspiration when you do that.
Blessings,
Betsy

Far Side of Fifty said...

I have a folder full of stuff I want to crochet!! Rabbit hole is deep here! :)

Jeanna said...

Please do not make me get out my crochet hooks and yarn! I have too much going as it is LOL. The Halloween quilt is cute but I love the Christmas one. Hope you have a nice long weekend ahead.