Wednesday, August 16, 2023

What a week so far!!!

 I got called for jury duty and I actually didn't pay attention to it because I thought it was my tax bill.  I'm lucky I finally opened it!  I called and told them I didn't think it would be possible as my digestion issues keep me running to the bathroom and with the RA, sitting on those hard benches for hours at a time?  Plus, the courthouse is an hour away on a narrow curvy road.  The jury duty was going to be from August until the end of December!  No way!!!  She said I would have to get a doctor's excuse so I had to run up to Salem to my doctor's office.  I called first and they said I could come in as a walk in.  I saw my doctor and he totally understood.  In most states at 70 and beyond you can refuse jury duty with no excuse but not in Arkansas.  My doctor said it used to be that way and then they changed it.  He had no problem writing me an excuse as he knows it would be bad if I got an attack that far from home especially driving 2 hours a day for 4 months!  PTL the judge excused me!  I would have loved to have served but not at my age and with my health being precarious right now.   I am doing well but that could change in a heart beat.

It was a busy Monday as it was...garbage day, I had some bills due and some meds to pick up.  I got through the day and scanned the doctor's excuse and emailed to the courthouse.  They emailed me the next morning stating that judge excused me.  Thank you, Lord!  I was really stressing about it and I haven't had any stress for a long time...I'm not used to it.

Yesterday was a beautiful day so I burned another box full of papers and I painted my bench.......

It's in the master bathroom.  I think I'll get some new towels and put  them in a basket plus I want to hang some pictures above on the wall.  I'd like some white curtains too.

I took my pansies out of the flower press and they are perfect!  It worked great.........now I need to make some stationary with them.  I also need to go out and cut daisy seeds and some daisies for pressing....

I've been cleaning and packing up more stuff for the thrift store.  In fact, I need to go load some in the car now.

Here's your "thought for the day"...........

Happy Trails!!!



 

9 comments:

Miss Merry said...

I always enjoy your funnies. I know there are people that love camping. My neighbors just bought a new camper and were camping last week. It rained everyday. I would rather listen to it rain on my roof while snuggled in my own bed with a floor and flush toilet.

Meanwhile, I'm glad you opened that letter! I have always wanted to serve on a jury, but I would have a lot of the same concerns you have. I'm not sure courts allow enough potty breaks. And my sciatica? hmmmm.

The stool looks great!

Leftycrafter said...

My idea of camping is going to Holiday Inn! Our state does not exempt anyone over 70 either. I too would need a Drs note. Love those pressed flowers. So sweet. Your bench turned out great. I like the idea of a basket with rolled towels in it.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Glad you got excused from Jury Duty. Stay cool!

Betsy said...

I'm so glad you were excused from Jury duty. I was also called up for jury duty a couple of months ago. I was dreading it because of my back issues. Luckily my number wasn't called. Hallelujah!
Love your little green bench. I bought some new towels when we moved into the condo. I forgot just how fluffy new towels are! Ours were so old and threadbare and I never noticed until the new ones were side by side with them. :-) Funny how we get used to those gradual changes.
That meme is hilarious. I know we've spent a fortune on camping but I love the sound of the rain falling on the roof of the camper and I have a shower, toilet and microwave. Even a recliner & TV. All the comforts of home if I want them. You know how I loved the lake back in Washington but now I love the travel and seeing different places.
Take care and stay well my friend.
Blessings,
Betsy

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog

Rajani Rehana said...

Please read my post

Jeanna said...

I'm happy to see that your doctor was able to provide an excuse and that the judge accepted it. It is good for us to do our civic duty but not at the risk of our own health. Your bench turned out nice.
We love our Airstream and actually, we are out camping in it this week. Our style of camping is more like glamping. I will be sad when we stop doing it.

Cousin Kay said...

A four-month jury duty?! No wonder they expanded the jury pool to 70 and over--what person with a job could take 4 months off? We are a 3 minute drive from the DuPage County Courthouse which would be v. convenient, but I haven't heard from them in years:)

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

Cousin Kay - so glad you commented I was getting concerned about you. As for working people. Employers have to give you the time off. Yes, I breathed a big sign of relief!
Jeanna and Betsy - Yes, glamping is another whole way of camping....I could go for that!