Sunday, August 27, 2023

YOP Week #9 Year 13

 Making progress on all fronts.  Now,  if I could just finish things and not start any new projects but that might be asking too much. 

I did finish the grands 2023 Halloween Collectible Ornaments but they need to be final finished.  I want to order some 2023 charms to attach to them also..........these were stitched on 10 count fabric and you needed to use 4 strands of floss which was a pain.  They were a little more juvenile than I wanted but they will have to do for this year.........next year they will get really creepy and scary ornaments....mark my word!



I am almost done with the body of the Snowy Owl and then on to the head!

I started a new project...yes, I know....so many WIPs already!  But in my defense I am making things to hold my yarn and my cross stitch projects......this will be a crocheted basket for a blanket project........I was a little hesitant because it is bulky yarn and a large hook and last time it hurt my hands but this yarn is very soft and easy to work with so it is not a problem........

I finished the wool rug hooked stars and I've steamed them.  Now, I need to cut them apart and finish....I also traced the pattern so I could make more in the future if I wanted to.........

 I also worked on the prism blanket but it looks the same...just bigger.

I was going to dye some fabric for my big Halloween XS project but I can't find my dye!  It seems the more I organize the more I have no idea where things are!?!  Oh well, they'll turn up eventually...I hope! 

That's all for this week.  I've been doing some Fall cleaning and decorating and hopefully next week I will have some final finishes to show you!

Happy Trails!!!





8 comments:

Leftycrafter said...

Look at all you did this week craft wise. Those ornaments are cute. I can not imagine using 4 strands of floss! Your snow owl is getting there. Love the stars. Those went quick. Your crochet basket is going to be nice for holding projects.

MaureenHD said...

What a cute idea to make Halloween ornaments for your grandkids. Baskets are always useful, and fun to make.

Miss Merry said...

The ornaments turned out adorably! I think I suffer from the same organization style that you do. I keep "organizing" but I keep losing things!

Betsy said...

Good Morning Sam! Our day was so busy yesterday that I didn't get to visit any blogs. We didn't get home until after 10:30 and I just went to bed! You've gotten a lot accomplished this week. I don't think the ornaments are juvenile. Just simple which is sometimes very good. I think it works here.
Blessings and hugs,
Betsy

Between Me and You said...

I think the ornaments will be lovingly treasured. Snowy Owl looks exciting. Have a good week.

Jeanna said...

The halloween ornaments are super cute. I look forward to seeing how you FFO them. You are coming along nicely on your snowy owl project. I look forward to getting caught up enough to get out my knitting and crochet supplies.

Far Side of Fifty said...

You are making progress! Stay cool!

Anonymous said...

I love the Halloween ornaments and look forward seeing next year's spookier ones. What happens with the stars once you've cut them off. I thought you were going to fill in the gaps with a plain colour so realise I'm not sure what they'll become. Are they mug rugs? Liz