Sunday, August 13, 2023

YOP Week #7 Year 13

 It's storming again this morning...nothing I like better as long as the power stays on.  This the third day in a row we have had storms....love it!  No worry of fire danger!

I've not been crafting a whole lot this week but here is what I have..........

the first of 2 Halloween ornaments for the grands....I think this will be Grayson's.....the fabric I dyed last year for another project until I realized it was too small so I am  using it here.  I have ordered and received a larger piece of fabric for the other project but it needs to be dyed still......... 

Here is the other project..........my Halloween project for 2023..........this is what they call Quaker style...

I finished the wool hooked Star #3 but got very little done on #4........

I did start the Prism blanket.  Why is it once I have the materials I have to start it even though I have dozens of other WIPs?  I need to join a support group!  But I figured out the pattern and here is what I have so far....it's dark here today and hard to see........black is the main color and right now the Mandala color is purple but it will change as I go along.  You keep the main color (black in my case) connected but the other color you clip off after each round........

More Battenberg squares....I crocheted more than this but these are the ones that have all the ends woven in.........

I can't remember where I left off on my book reading but I finished True to Form...the last book in the Katie series by Elizabeth Berg and the only series she ever wrote.  All the rest of her books are stand alone novels.

Right now I am reading the Indictment of Trump regarding the January 6th Insurrection.  I printed it off from Department of Justice website.  It is 45 pages and I am on page 32....it's an easy read not like the usual "lawyer speak".  I have yet to read the others....there are so many it's hard to keep up and this coming week there is supposed to be another one coming from Georgia!
 I'm now reading Three Weeks With my Brother by Nicholas Sparks, the famous author, and his brother Micah Sparks.  This is a memoir and very good so far.

For my fiction I am reading a book written by an English author in the 1920's or 30's....I just started it and it was recommended by Miranda Mills the English pod caster that I enjoy.
Here's one for the books..........
Happy Trails!!!




10 comments:

Maureen D said...

Halloween stuff is so addictive. I have to force myself not to buy more decorations since they are just sooo cute. Your crafting is coming right along. Indictments is an interesting reading choice. Enjoy.

Leftycrafter said...

Cute little ornament. I like the cloth it is being done on. The prism blanket has my attention. Will enjoy watching it progress. Let us know how you like the Sparks brothers book. It looks interesting.

Miss Merry said...

Laughing my head off at the last one! Good work on the projects.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Ha! Cute cartoon!

Betsy said...

I enjoyed seeing all of your projects as you are making progress on them. The prism blanket looks very interesting.
Blessings,
Betsy

ceulanfibres said...

Great progress this week on various fronts and some very interesting reading.

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

We have had lots of storms this week too. Well at least it is good stitching weather. Your post is filled with so much eye candy. Love the Halloween stitch . Have a great week.

Between Me and You said...

The Georgia indictment is in and where is he? Golfing in Scotland at his club!The Prism blanket looks interesting.

Jeanna said...

Your Halloween ornament is coming along. I love the fabric you are using. Prairie Moon has nice designs but I haven't tried one yet. I enjoy seeing your crochet projects as well. You're making me want to get out my hooks and yarn.

HighlandHeffalump said...

Those Battenberg squares are happening quickly, I think you may beat some of the bloggers I follow who’ve been working on it for years. I’d take stormy days over wildfires any day of the week. Watching a report from Maui from the town we stayed near 10 years ago was so sad, everything just burned and the whole town a pile of rubble and ash. I wish we could ban Trump coming here. There are protesters, I’m just glad his course is 100 miles from me.