Friday, August 18, 2023

Retirement is a full-time job!!!

 Whoa Nellie, what a week.  I got myself some ice cream as a reward for getting through it!  Yesterday I had to pick up meds after many phone calls to doctor and pharmacy, drop off boxes of  "stuff" at the thrift store and pick up groceries at Walmart.   I also had to make my potato soup. 

Today I got to stay home and get some things done that were on my list....like pull seeds off my daisies and also press some of the flowers..........


   

I also finished a book that Far Side of Fifty sent me.....I loved it!  Thank you so much, Connie.  I couldn't put it down.  It was very well written and so interesting.  It was true stories of 5 farm families in Minnesota from the 1800's to the present day.  I love real stories about real people.

I ordered a Pioneer Woman quilt top and matching shams.  I had been looking at them and the other day when I looked they were on sale....that did it!  It came today.........it is so soft, like flannel.... I didn't put the shams on because I had just changed my linens.   

and it is reversible..........

There aren't matching curtains but there is material.....I may be making curtains too.....Miss Peeps spent no time giving it her seal of approval!

BTW, not sure if I mentioned this or not but since I stopped giving her those Friskies cat treats she no longer attacks me...there was some kind of drug in those treats that made her crazy!  Just like drugs do to people!

Remember........

Happy Trails!!!
 





7 comments:

Leftycrafter said...

That bedspread is lovely. How nice to be able to reverse it. Retirement is hard work. Seems we are busier now. Most of it is home repairs/improvements.

Miss Merry said...

I have looked at those bedspreads a few times myself, but haven't pulled the trigger yet. I love the pressed flowers.

Cousin Kay said...

The book looks v. interesting. Our heritage.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Glad you enjoyed the book! Your new quilt is lovely! :)

Betsy said...

That book looks really good and it was so nice of Connie to send it to you. I like real people history books, especially of the pioneers and wagons westward too.
That is such a lovely quilt. I really like almost everything Pioneer Woman. When my sister, niece and I went to Pawhuska, OK last year and visited her Merchantile and other shops, we had such a great time. I really don't think I've ever had a breakfast as good as the one we had in her restaurant. It was truly amazing. :-)
Blessings and hugs,
Betsy

Between Me and You said...

I've just done a post on the exact same subject! I love your new bedspread. I watch the Pioneer Woman on the Food Network channel.I wonder if any of the farmers in the book were of Scottish descent? When I pull up my daisies, they have a good root system so I just replant them like that and it seems to work without the need for seeding.They multiply where they're replanted.

Jeanna said...

You really had a super busy week. I love that you harvest the daisy seeds and press the flowers. The book sounds interesting. I'll check the library when we get back to NC and see if it is available for check out.