Sunday, August 6, 2023

YOP Week #6 Year 13

 I wasn't quite as productive this week but supplies came in for the coming holidays!  I did finish Star #3 of 4............it's very overcast today so photos are a little dark.....only one more to go and then I can start on the snow people!

I keep working on the Snowy Owl...still on the body which is the biggest part.........

I worked on the Star XS and I spun the wheel and this coming week I will be working on the 2023 Collectible Halloween ornaments which I will show you in a bit.............
 I have a bit more done since I took this photo the other day..........

Good news!!!  I finally finished Month #1 of my  embroidery sampler book........those were a lot of lazy daisies and colonial knots!

I joined more squares on my Battenberg blanket and I still crochet 2 or 3 in the evening.  The join as you go method has been a little tricky and I've had to watch her video on it.  I think I am finally getting the gist of it so maybe I won't have to sit in front of my pc to work on it.

I got some haul this week.....mostly for presents........this is a kit for a mug cozy with a special message for my Iowa family....I got one for each of them in different colors.........

I also got them a special family Christmas ornament....which comes with it's own frame..........again this is a kit.........I'll see how it goes and I may make this their 2023 Collectible Christmas ornament.....

The Halloween ornament pattern came with the floss.  I have material so I will be kitting them up today and starting.  I spun the wheel and the ornaments were chosen!  There are 16 in all and some people are cross stitching them all on one piece of material...........
Here is my "little Buddy", the hummingbird that sits on my clothesline and also  on the hanger  that holds the humming bird feeder.  He is the only one that does that so I know it is him.  He guards the feeder from other hummers that aren't in his "tribe".....he comes back every year............
 
Happy Trails!!!








9 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Cute Iowa ornaments they are just perfect for your grands!

Leftycrafter said...

Look at you go on multiple projects. You new treasures are great. The Iowa ornaments would br a sweet ornament gor Christmas.

nypeapod said...

What a wonderful project, a book of stitches. It will be a treasure for many years to come.

Maureen D said...

The Iowa cozies look great. You certainly have lots of cross stitch projects to enjoy. Fun days ahead.

Miss Merry said...

Gosh, I don't know which project I like best!!!

Jeanna said...

Your rug hooking stars look great. You enjoy quite a variety of projects last week. Looking forward to seeing your start on the Halloween ornaments.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

How amazing to see that hummer perched up there! They are so neat to see but hard to photograph. Enjoy your week!

Cinna Knits said...

Only one star to go!!!
I love that you create so many beautiful items for your family. They are so fortunate that you are able to give them reminders of your love that will last indefinitely. I hope they treasure them always.

HighlandHeffalump said...

Those Iowa ornaments are lovely, great gifts when finished. You are having a very starry few weeks ⭐️. I’m sure before long you’ll be doing those Battenberg joins without thinking and needing to watch. It’s looking lovely and tempting me again.