Tuesday, August 8, 2023

Great news!!!

 My Cologuard test came back negative!!!  No colonoscopy for me!!!  I am thrilled!  Yesterday was a busy day as all Mondays are around here. Plus, it is the beginning  of the month so there are additional chores....such as septic cleaner, wash comforter and blankets.  I know there are more monthly chores but I just washed the comforter and the blanket on my bed plus 2 of my pillows.  I changed my sheets which is a weekly chore and relined garbages and took the garbage out to the street.

I watered outside and cleaned off my desk.  I made parmesan chicken and sweet potatoes for supper.  I  managed to work on my Snowy Owl, the Halloween ornaments, and the Battenberg squares..weaving ends in.

I watched a truly enjoyable You Tube video of a couple that took a canoe trip around the North Shore of Lake Superior....it was beautiful.  It is something I always wanted to do.  There are a few other trips/experiences I wanted to take but I will watch them on You Tube....a snow storm in Upper Pennisula of Michigan, and to hike the Appalachian Trail and the Pacific Crest.  A trip to Ireland.  At my age I prefer being an armchair traveler....lol!

I think Fall is coming early...one mum is blooming and the other is getting ready........


The marigolds are blooming.....these were seeds from my daughter.........

the zinnias are getting ready to bloom....also seeds from my daughter but I planted late..........

I still need to collect seeds from the daisies............

the weather has been cooler and no heat advisory so I spent the entire morning today outside burning....I stopped at noon as it was starting to get warm.  

I got some yarn yesterday in the mail..........not very colorful.....

but there's another yarn coming which will brighten these up.....

That's all for now...I need  to go throw a load of laundry in and clean the tub.

Happy Trails!!!




 

4 comments:

Leftycrafter said...

You have been busy today. Congrats on your negative test! Your dinner sounds yummy. I love sweet potatoes and so does my hubby. The chicken sounds yummy too. Your flowers that are blooming from the seeds Your daughter sent must give you great joy. Almost like having her there with you.

Betsy said...

Congrats on failing your test! I have my physical tomorrow and I want to try to convince my doctor to do the same thing instead of a colonoscopy.
You get so much done every day. I've just been busy knitting flower girl sweaters but I finished the last one tonight. All that's left is sewing the buttons on and washing them,
Take care.
Blessings and hugs,
Betsy

Between Me and You said...

You've reminded me that I have to hand in a sample for my annual review. I've been putting it off for nearly 3 weeks now. Hope I get the same good result as yours. It's certainly seems to have put a spring in your step! Intrigued to see what you're going to do with the dark yarn.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Yeah for the good news about your Cologuard test! Now you are good for three years! I am trying to catch up with things one project at a time:)