Saturday, August 12, 2023

More storms!!!

 No warning though...just a cozy storm with lightening and thunder and rain.  No need to water again...so nice!  I got out early this morning in the garage and sanded down my little bench.  It's pretty sad as it has spent too much time outside but no more!  She will get painted and patched and be a nice little bench in my bathroom...........that green is the color it will eventually be all over........

Yesterday when I made the orange cinnamon rolls I needed powdered sugar to make the frosting.  I went to my container and there was none and I had no back up!  But I remembered hearing that you could use regular sugar and blend in your blender or food processor and make your own powdered sugar which is exactly what I did and it only took a minute or so.  I may not be buying powdered sugar anymore as I don't use it that often and it was so easy to make.

This is my container where I kept it......this was part of my Mother's canister set from when I was a kid so you know it is old! LOL!  I've never seen any like this even though I used to frequent antique shops....have you?

Happy Trails!!!






7 comments:

Leftycrafter said...

The little bench will be so happy when ot os finished and useful again. I had never heard of the powdered sugar hack. Nice to learn something new. That canister looks like it has been used a lot. How nice to have something special from your mom. Love the funny.

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Happy Saturday , dear. Oh what a lovely bench. It will look gorgeous in the color green though I think it gorgeous all sanded and prim too. It is such a treasure to have your mom's canisters. Immediately after seeing yours I had to look at my grandmother's canisters. Mine are very similar to yours but the lids on mine are painted black and the words are written horizontally. Aren't these canisters so nice? You don't have to worry about them chipping or breaking. Have a great weekend.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Yes I have seen those canisters usually as a set of four! And they are usually expensive:) Nice bench!

Betsy said...

I agree about buying powdered sugar. It's so easy to make your own when you don't use much of it. I've never seen a canister like that but I'm so glad you have your Mothers. That makes it so special. My Mom had an aluminum set but not like yours. I would love to have them now.
That little bench will be so sweet when it's finished. I like the green color.
Blessings,
Betsy

Between Me and You said...

I would be careful when sanding down your bench. We have similar here and they have lead in their paint so wearing mask when sanding is vital. That's a great tip about the sugar which we call 'icing sugar' here. Love the meme.

Cousin Kay said...

Have a blessed day somewhere else--Love it!!

Jeanna said...

That little bench is going to be cute in green. I've seen that canister set. My mom had one and my grandmother's set even had a 'grease' container. That meme is hilarious!