Friday, August 11, 2023

Baking again.........

 Today I made some orange cinnamon rolls.......my sweet tooth has been nagging me!

I also went through a big basket of paperwork; threw out a bunch and actually called Blue Cross Blue Shield to see if I needed to keep these reports they send me about medicines and doctor visits.  They send me 2 a month and they are pages long.  They said they have a record of all of it so I can just review it and as long as it all looks okay I can get rid of it.  The only thing is there will be more burning because they put your medicare number on them.  I think I will sign up for the paperless version.

I pounded nails in the little bench I am going to paint for my bathroom.  I was going to sand it but it was hot out today with a heat advisory so I decided against it.  Maybe tomorrow morning....early.  My paint came in the mail too!  

I'm doing some laundry.  I have been working on the rug hooking star #4 and my knitting, and the Halloween ornament.  I did start the Prism blanket but there's not much to show yet plus I want to do enough to ensure I am doing it right.

The grands are getting ready for school along with Amy, my daughter, the art teacher.  Sam's been out every day with the golf team practicing.  He's a sophomore this year.  They went school shopping for clothes and shoes.  Also, they play instruments....Sam plays the cello, I think, and Grayson plays the viola.  It keeps them off the streets and out of trouble so far! LOL!  Grayson is in boy scouts and Sam is in Venture Crew which is a little more "adventuresome" than scouts, and of course they are very involved in their church. 

That's all the news that's fit to print.  Hopefully, Sunday, I will have more of the Prism blanket to show.

  Happy Trails!!!

 

 



2 comments:

Betsy said...

I was trying to remember the name of your blanket today and for the life of me I couldn't get my brain to work! Prism! I wonder if I'll rememer it this time?
You've been busy as usual. Be careful with being outside sanding. The humidity is making our heat index terrible. I'm so tired of the heat this year. I want to go outside and take a nice long walk but it's too miserable out there.
Piper starts school on Monday. This break has gone very fast this year. It's hard to believe it's time for school again already.
Blessings and love,
Betsy

Jeanna said...

Those rolls look delish! You got alot done, as usual. Going through paperwork is NO fun but also important to do. I look forward to seeing your progress on Prism tomorrow. Hope it isn't too hot and you are able to paint the bench.