Wednesday, August 23, 2023

So far so good!!!

 I'm doing a lot of housework....dusting, vacuuming, etc.  I cleaned off my desk too which,  like my nightstand seems to collect lots of "stuff"!  It's clear and clean now and we'll see how long that lasts.


I finished my last rug hooking star............now they need to be steamed and left to dry....then there will be more finishing...........

I hung some new curtains  with clothespins but actually just to see if they would work.  My daughter got me these 2 tea towels for Christmas and they are so cute!  She knows I  use them for curtains much of the time so she got me 2 matching ones.  I will make a rod pocket now that I know they will be perfect for the guest bathroom....

The day is done now....I made a pasta dinner with spaghetti sauce that has no tomato seeds (I had to order it from Amazon and it is delicious) (remember I can't have seeds, nuts or skin of anything....no lettuce either)and I'll have garlic bread too.  I also made more cinnamon crescent twists.  The house is getting "cleared out"....more boxes to go to the thrift store!  Yippee!

 

Happy Trails!!!

 

4 comments:

Betsy said...

Oh, I love, love that funny! So cute. :-)
That star is so pretty. I'm looking forward to seeing the entire thing. My nightstand used to collect "stuff" to, but since we moved I've been making a concious effort to clean it off every morning when I get up. It's other spots that now have disgarded items on their surfaces. Especially with a husband that just puts things down and walks away. Not always, but sometimes.
Those curtains are perfect for that window. I hadn't thought of tea towels.
Blessings and hugs,
Betsy

Far Side of Fifty said...

What cute cowgirl curtains!

Between Me and You said...

Love the curtains and the fact that you're repurposing the tea towels.I usually mash and pass the tinned tomatoes through a sieve to remove the seeds. Wish I could eat cashews and pecans, I miss them so. You're doing really well with your house clearance.

Jeanna said...

Your rug hooking star looks great. I like the idea of using tea towels for curtains. I wish I was making as much progress as you are on clearing things out. I still have a garage full of boxes!