Friday, July 24, 2020

One Year Anniversary

It's been 1 year since my son, Jim passed away.  I can't believe it's been a year and I'm still here.  There were times when I didn't think I would make it the grief was so intense but time does heal all wounds.  It will never totally heal, I know that but I also know that I am glad he is where he is with no more pain or struggling....to be at peace and happy and healthy. 
As a parent, I never wished for wealth or "success" for my children.  What I prayed for was their happiness but of course, not at the cost of other people's happiness.  I believe that God wishes the same for us as his/her children.  Therefore, I have always taken it on that my job, as a child of God is to be happy; to show gratitude for all the blessings that have been given to me.  Being a Christian does not make me special or immune to problems or suffering.  But it does make me better prepared and I don't have to face any of it alone.
So, if I wanted happiness for Jim, I got that prayer granted.  He is happy now and for that I am very grateful.  I love you , Jim.  

12 comments:

Betsy said...

Amen Sam. That is what I always prayed for for our children as well. Happiness and a life of service and love to Him.
I have been praying for you all year my dear friend and I will continue to pray. I can't imagine the pain and heartache of losing a child, but you shared with us your heartache and your pride in him. Thank you for honoring us with that.
Blessings and love,
Betsy

Jeanna said...

You have amazing strength and I understand where that comes from. Sending up prayers for continued strength and peace. BIG HUGS to you!

Leigh said...

Oh Sam, anniversaries of losing our loved ones are so hard. But you are such a good example for others, with your words and wisdom. Some day you will see Jim again, and what a happy reunion that will be.

Mama Pea said...

I can only imagine what pain must be caused and dealt with when one loses a child. I pray I will never know how that feels but can sympathize with you with all my heart. You are a wonderfully upbeat person who brings joy every time I read a post of your. Joy and encouragement and a ray of sunshine. Jim is no doubt looking down and saying, "Yep, that's my mom!"

Becki said...

Such good words here, friend. I'm so glad to know you - even if for now it is simply through our blogs. My heart goes out to you again on this the anniversary of such great loss. I pray for your continued strength, friend. And I pray that heartache is continually chased by happy memories of your boy.

Leftycrafter said...

So well put. My heart goes out to you on this anniversary. It was a tough year for you with your fur babies going to the rainbow bridge and you son being free from his pain. You are a very strong woman and I admire you.

Rain said...

xoxoxoxoxox Great post Sam. xxxxxxx

Miss Merry said...

Prayers for peace, dear Sam. I cannot imagine the heartbreak of this anniversary Please take solace in the knowledge he knew how much you loved him. He is at peace now.

Diana said...

You know I understand (I'm sure you've seen on my blog about my oldest son). I do keep you in my daily prayers and lift you up to the Lord constantly. I wish I could hug you in person. God bless you, my friend. ❤️

Lucy Bowen said...

You are amazing.
I send you all my love and hugs. You will see each other again - but not yet. Take the greatest of care x

Far Side of Fifty said...

Not an easy week for you...or month or year. Watching your kids struggle is really hard...and yes he is happier now...and you are sadder. Hard to be a parent :(

felisha green said...


This professional hacker is absolutely reliable and I strongly recommend him for any type of hack you require. I know this because I have hired him severally for various hacks and he has never disappointed me nor any of my friends who have hired him too, he can help you with any of the following hacks:

-Phone hacks (remotely)
-Credit repair
-Bitcoin recovery (any cryptocurrency)
-Make money from home (USA only)
-Social media hacks
-Website hacks
-Erase criminal records (USA & Canada only)
-Grade change

Email: cybergoldenhacker at gmail dot com