Sunday, July 19, 2020

YOP Week #3

Welcome to my new blog because something happened that made it not possible for me to logon to my old one.  This one may change also to Wordpress or Typepad or some other blog hosting site.  It seems you cannot type in the address and get here.  I  have no idea what is going on but I'm tired.
So for now I am here.
I have a finish too!!!  This is an old WIP and I needed yarn to finish so I ordered and it came but it wasn't the right color so I ordered again.  It hasn't arrived yet but in cleaning up I discovered the color I needed and was able to finish it!  Ta Da!!!  This is several years old but I love this pattern and crocheting it.  It will definitely be a pattern that I will make again as it was very enjoyable.  It was the Maybelle blanket by My Rose Valley who has lovely crochet patterns.

  I worked on my Liberty SAL with Jeanna of Slamminthescreendoor.............

I also worked on Jolly July....Chicken Joy

I worked a little on Brill but if I had my druthers I would work on it all the time as I enjoy it so much......only 27 more iterations of the little flower pattern which I love!
 The Candy Kisses shawl is not nearly as enjoyable as I thought it would be..........but I do love the colors
I did get some craft books in the mail for crafting from Thrift books and Fat Quarter Shop...........this has great "schoolhouse" projects from one of my favorite designers who doesn't design anymore.....Renee Plains
Another favorite designer...Annie Downs............
and finally this book which I've had my eyes on for quite a while...........the chair is what fascinated me but the directions seem a bit general....we'll see............
That's it for this week!  I need to mix up Crockpot Chicken and Stuffing for dinner today.  I made scones this morning for breakfast from a recipe that Debi shared on her blog, Barefoot Mom.  They are delicious and they were easy just like you said, Debi!  Thank you!
I've been watching Little Bobbins podcasts this week and also found a nice podcast LearnDoBecome.com about how to prioritize projects and not feel overwhelmed.  I only listened to one but I'll be listening to more as I think she has good information and makes a lot of sense. They have stuff for sale but I just listened to the free podcasts. I hope you are well and that you had a good week!
Happy Trails!!!

16 comments:

lovestoSwatch said...

oh no, hope you haven't lost your blog!!!

I really have to comment on your shawl - it may not be too fun to work on, and I am sorry about that, but boy it does look gorgeous!

Ella said...

Thanks for sharing the book, that looks like one I need to get. The candy kisses shawl does look lovely. But most of all, congrats on finishing your blanket!

Becki said...

Your Maybelle blanket turned out great, Sam. I like how you bordered it. Ooh, and I like that Liberty stitchery on black. That's going to look very cool. And that sweet Brill trim is very pretty in the lime green. And I like the colors in your Candy Kisses shawl, too. Your craft books look like they'll be fun and inspiring. Your bread looks yummy. And thank you for the podcast recommendations. I've been getting a bit bored with my regular Youtube fare - maybe because it's just too much negative stuff.

HighlandHeffalump said...

Well I always wonder what people do with their fat quarters so I bet that book has a lot of answers to that. I like your new title of self sufficient Sam, you are that and an inspiration. Thanks for the podcast recommendation, I like the idea of that. I feel guilty about projects I’ve not got to or have neglected...it’s like I start to think they are feeling unloved! Crazy but true, so I will try to remember to check that out. Glad you are back in blogsville, I missed your midweek posts this week.

Breathing Life said...

You can't get into your old blog? That's a thing that can happen? Oh, no! Your projects are all coming along, and I will check out that podcast. I feel like some of my projects (not craft, but household) are overwhelming me. I hope she can be of some help. Take care. I do like the look of this new blog though.

Karen said...

The blanket is gorgeous! I enjoy making blankets like this and now you have me thinking about looking through my stash to see what I can come up with! I look forward to see more of Brill!

Rain said...

Hi Sam :) Your projects are beautiful, I like the "kisses" colours too! Great score on the books...I ordered some off Thriftbooks and am just waiting (im)patiently lol...they're coming from the States so they will take a while. Your scones look so good. I'm considering wordpress as well...kind of considering it. I'm not good at learning new platforms!

Far Side of Fifty said...

I have you bookmarked so I can get here...I just tried to enter it manually and it worked fine. I hope Google or Blogspot support will help you out soon...they must be real slow:( Your afghan is lovely and I like your shawl too!

Miss Merry said...

Yay! I found you! So glad you are back on the blogland. I look forward to the progress on your projects as well as your recipes.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Well here you are! I hope you can figure out what's going on! It's been crazy with blogger that's for sure. Love the craft books you've shown and the things you are cooking sound wonderful! I'll look for those scones. Take care and stay safe!

Diana said...

I sure do love your Maybelle blanket -- so pretty! I really like that shawl and look forward to seeing it finished. I looked at the ThriftBooks website, looks like there are some great finds I might have to check into. I've always just added sites to my favorites rather than typing in the addresses, but I tried it and it worked fine by entering the whole thing. Blessings to you, Sam!

Leftycrafter said...

I was able to get your blog registered on my 'bloglovin' app. That way I am notified everytime you post an update. Phew.......I was concerned. Your Maybelle blanket turned out great. I remember it from when you started it. Look at you finishing up WIP's! The brill is so pretty and delicate. It looks like it would be a fun knit. The Candy Kisses shawl..............I love the colors you have going into it. I am sorry to hear it is not enjoyable to work on. It is really turning out quite lovely. Your Jolly July xstitch is cute. I love the little chicken legs that are showing up now. So many nice looking craft books. You will have so much fun going through them. Stay well!

Lucy Bowen said...

Well a new blog and a new blanket. Look at you go! I love all of the rest and your new books. Just going to go and link your new address on my blog!

Juliann said...

New to the YOP Ravelry group so hello. I am also and Annie Downs fan.

Jeanna said...

Your crochet projects are beautiful! Your Liberty is looking good as well. I need to post an update...maybe this weekend.

felisha green said...


This professional hacker is absolutely reliable and I strongly recommend him for any type of hack you require. I know this because I have hired him severally for various hacks and he has never disappointed me nor any of my friends who have hired him too, he can help you with any of the following hacks:

-Phone hacks (remotely)
-Credit repair
-Bitcoin recovery (any cryptocurrency)
-Make money from home (USA only)
-Social media hacks
-Website hacks
-Erase criminal records (USA & Canada only)
-Grade change

Email: cybergoldenhacker at gmail dot com