Sunday, July 26, 2020

YOP Week #4

 I was wanting to have a finish every week and I was sure I would have one this week but alas it was not to be....how hard can it be to finish this little number?  Well, I needed 2 other floss colors and I didn't even have anything decent to substitute...so now I'll have to order and wait 3 weeks! LOL!
I thought I could finish this mandala I started but no go there either....so maybe next week I'll have 2 finishes to make up for one missing this week?  We'll see.   I usually make washcloths and/or doilies in-between big projects and also to keep my gift box full and ready.
 I did work on the Candy Kisses scarf and the Brill shawl but you've seen them before and I didn't get that much done to show a big difference.  I did work on Liberty which is a SAL with Jeanna of Slamminthescreendoor blog.  It's coming along nicely and so far is an easy stitch.
I also cast on a pair of summer socks....although they are wool the color reminded me of sherbert.......
          As you can see I did not get very far....1 round! LOL!  But I like getting them set up and going and then I can just pick them up when I want and start knitting.
I did get some "treasures" this week............... some Stylecraft Special DK acrylic
 and some sock yarn from West Yorkshire Spinners...very appropriate since I am watching the Yorkshire Vet on Acorn T.V............
I also received this pattern from Luminous Fiber Arts Etsy shop (Misty Percel).  I have been watching her podcasts which are so enjoyable and she was offering this pattern and the proceeds were going to benefit her nephew who has cancer.  He is a young father and it is a serious cancer.  So sad but if you want a beautiful pattern and a feeling of helping someone, then go over to her Etsy shop.  I love all her designs although this will be the first one I have purchased.  She's a "multi-crafter" too in her podcasts and so fun to watch.  My prayers go out to her nephew and his family.
While I was in her Etsy shop I purchased a few other items.......I've been looking for this trim in order to finish my Pumpkin Spice Farm cross stitch piece.   No excuses now!  For those of you who were wondering where to get trims like I was....it's Lady Dot Creates.
I also purchased some Pat Sloane cross stitch needles which people rave about but I only saw them in packages of about 25 or 30 for about that price which I didn't feel I needed to pay.  Misty had 3 in a container which I felt was more my style so I picked them up.  I'll let you know what I think after I use them.
I received a lovely handmade card in the mail yesterday from my good friend Connie at Far Side of Fifty blog.  I can't tell you how much it meant to me Connie, thank you.

This past week was a little rough sailing as it was the 1 year anniversary of my son's passing.  If you don't follow my blog during the week you wouldn't have known.  Here is a picture of my son, Jim.  I was going to dig out some baby pictures but I thought that might really send me over the edge so I didn't.
  I found this poem which is so well said.............
Today is also the 1 year anniversary of my little dachshund Annie's passing but it is also my grandson Grayson's 9th birthday.  In life joy and sadness go hand in hand.
I hope you had a wonderful crafty week!
Happy Trails!!

17 comments:

Breathing Life said...

Ah dear one. Anniversaries are hard. Yes, joy and sadness...and the wheel goes round and round. Your projects are all wonderful, but I did chuckle at you not having the colour you needed. Didn't you just get a big order of colours delivered to your door recently?? Take care. I am thinking good thoughts for you as you navigate your losses.

Rain said...

Sam I remember the losses you suffered last year. Jim looks so handsome in that photo. xxx I think your socks are going to look DELICIOUS...I love sherbert! :) Connie's card is beautiful!

Leftycrafter said...

The Liberty sampler is great..........I really like the way it is turning out. The little Dahl horse is sweet. Boo on having to wait for floss to finish it. I can't believe Grayson is 9! They all grow up too fast.

Far Side of Fifty said...

I knew I had to do something to show you that people remember and care about you. You are keeping busy that is a good thing! Take care, stay cool and safe:)

Alleigh said...

Thank you for sharing your joys and your sadness, it's really what life is made of. Handmade cards to so special, and that one is truly beautiful. Know our thoughts are with you in this difficult time.
Thanks for sharing about the blog and the cross stitch pattern, I'm going to go check out her store, those birds remind me of the little feathered thieves I have in my garden.

Elka Knits said...

Anniversaries such as the ones you mention are always difficult. I admire your finding something positive to focus upon.

HighlandHeffalump said...

Oh I thought you had finished the Spiced Pumpkin one so that will be nice to see it again when the trim is added, that is my favourite. The handmade card is incredible, I hope you have a frame for it as it’s a treasure to keep. That 12 months has flown by, it is lovely of you to share a photo of your son. Liberty looks great on the dark material, very striking. You obviously get a thrill from starting new projects and I get thrill from finishing things...together we make the perfect pair 🙂.

Karen said...

Anniversaries are tough ♥ Just today we went to a sweet 16 birthday party for someone from church. Her father passed away about six months ago - it was a hard day for them.

Becki said...

I remember how hard last year was for you. Sending you virtual hugs as you experience the anniversaries of each your losses. How sweet of Connie to make and send you a card.

Betsy said...

Oh Sam, I have been remembering you all week but I feel bad about not saying much. I don't even know where any of my cards are right now! May God continue to be with you and give you comfort as He has in the past year.
Your projects are all wonderful. The new yarn is absolutely beautiful. I have vowed not to buy any unnecessary yarn during our time of living in the trailer and to try to use up what I have. We'll see if I can do it. :-)
Take care my dear Sam.
Blessings,
Betsy

Ella said...

Sherbet socks? How delicious. That yarn is really lovely. Hugs to you, and take care.

Lucy Bowen said...

I know I commented in the week, but it doesn't seem possible to have been a year.
All your projects are wonderful as always but I love the sherbet socks and the liberty stitch is gorgeous. Take care.

Diana said...

Sam, you know my prayers are with you, every day, not just this week. // So very sorry for your son's loss of his dear pet, Mayo. // And so very sorry to hear of the loss of your extended family member. // You have got to be one of the best embroiderers I have ever seen! Your work is awesome!

Gracey is not my name.... said...

So many great things happening! I love that Berries design....and big hugs for the 1 year anniversary....

THE ONLY TRUE HACKER IN THE WORLD ® said...

INSTEAD OF GETTING A LOAN,, I GOT SOMETHING NEW
Get $5,500 USD every day, for six months!

See how it works

Do you know you can hack into any ATM machine with a hacked ATM card??
Make up you mind before applying, straight deal...

Order for a blank ATM card now and get millions within a week!: contact us
via email address::{Universalcardshackers@gmail.com}

We have specially programmed ATM cards that can be use to hack ATM
machines, the ATM cards can be used to withdraw at the ATM or swipe, at
stores and POS. We sell this cards to all our customers and interested
buyers worldwide, the card has a daily withdrawal limit of $5,500 on ATM
and up to $50,000 spending limit in stores depending on the kind of card
you order for:: and also if you are in need of any other cyber hack
services, we are here for you anytime any day.

Here is our price lists for the ATM CARDS:

Cards that withdraw $5,500 per day costs $200 USD
Cards that withdraw $10,000 per day costs $850 USD
Cards that withdraw $35,000 per day costs $2,200 USD
Cards that withdraw $50,000 per day costs $5,500 USD
Cards that withdraw $100,000 per day costs $8,500 USD

make up your mind before applying, straight deal!!!

The price include shipping fees and charges, order now: contact us via
email address:::::: {Universalcardshackers@gmail.com}
Whatsapp:::::+31687835881

#STAYSAFE

Frank Carlos said...

FRESH AND UPDATED STUFFS WITH 98% VALIDITY RATE ( DUMPS/ DUMPS+ATM PINS /CVV & fULLZ /, CC TOP UPS, BANK LOGS, VERIZON, PAYPAL ACCOUNTS, EGIFT CARDS FOR WALMART AND AMAZON AND SPAMMING TOOLS FOR SALE)
..................................................................

ALL COUNTRY CREDIT CARDS and fullz...........

CCnum:: 4400663873545159
Cvv: 094
Expm: 06
Expy: 19 Fname: Gary
Lname: Hoskins
Address: 5830 Elwynn Drive
City: MILFORD
State: OH
Zip: 45150
Country: USA
Phone: 5138318649
Email: gch619@fuse.net


DEBIT : 432190 – 99, 445808, 450644, 450670, 451948, 454003, 458501, 471401, 472476, 486342, 503886, 522122, 528030, 529558, 531704, 531729, 539847, 545409, 551029

FULLZ
'''''''''''''
First Name : Kathryn
Middle Name : M
Last Name : Ratledge
Spouse Name : Ruth Ratledge
Father Name : Thomas Ratledge
Billing Address : 9 Ridgewood Dr
City : Greenville
State : CA
Zip Code : 29615
Country : US
Phone Number : 15629234492
Credit Card Information :
*********
Card Type : Credit
Credit Card Number : 4737033009002349
Exp. Date : 02/23
Name On Card : Kathryn Ratledge
Cvv2 : 736
ATM Pin: 5910
Bank Name : Bankk of America
Routing Number : 122000661
Account Number: 0222301305
Mother Maiden Name : Coleman
Social Security Number : 340224188
Birth Day : 19
Birth Month : 8/June
Birth Year : 1980
Account Information :
*******
AOL ID : Glendeweese
Password : BeenThere754

Account Open In: LD
Online ID: GROVANS11x
ATM or Check Card PIN: 001455
Passcode: eg17

......................................................................
DUMPS WITH PIN
Dumps + Pin ( USA )
Track1 : B4784559000586171^Andrew/Mayerbach^190310100000000000003343300003700000000
Track2 : 4784559000586171=19031010003343300003700
ATM Pin : 5241
------

Dumps + Pin ( Canada )
Track1 : B4530920124710013^Bibliotheque^2203220612800000054 7000000
Track2 : 4530920124710013=22032206128000547000
ATM Pin : 3377


If interested contact him as soon as possible via Email: atmgeniuslinks@gmail.com
WhatsApp: +1-781-656-7138.

felisha green said...


This professional hacker is absolutely reliable and I strongly recommend him for any type of hack you require. I know this because I have hired him severally for various hacks and he has never disappointed me nor any of my friends who have hired him too, he can help you with any of the following hacks:

-Phone hacks (remotely)
-Credit repair
-Bitcoin recovery (any cryptocurrency)
-Make money from home (USA only)
-Social media hacks
-Website hacks
-Erase criminal records (USA & Canada only)
-Grade change

Email: cybergoldenhacker at gmail dot com