Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Catching up!!!

 I finally feel like I  might be back in the driver's seat again!  I am crossing things off my list and of course, adding more things to it but it feels like real progress...today was do some cleaning and finalize the menu and grocery list.  I'll be ordering tomorrow.  I caught up with the mending yesterday and today I finished the ironing....I think....unless I unearth some more! LOL!  

These are some old favorite tablecloths and dresser scarves..........

This dresser scarf I made probably 30 some  years ago...............

I love the embroidered ones..............I got this one in an antique store.....

The Bradford Pear is at it's peak so I thought I better get a picture of it as storms are coming tonight and that might take a lot of those blossoms right off the tree!

Now that  they cleared out that lot across the street I can see the lake!

It's a beautiful day here in the Ozarks....I wish Spring would stay all Summer! LOL!  No humidity!

Happy Trails!!!




5 comments:

Leftycrafter said...

Thank you so much for the photo of the Bradford Pear tree. It is glorious. Your view of the looks very peaceful. What a beautiful place you in.

Betsy said...

What a beautiful pear tree. I think I'm going to miss the two I had at the house here in Spokane. How wonderful to have a lake view too. You are truly a blessed lady. I have never been to the Ozarks but it's on my bucket list.
I'm glad you feel you're back in the saddle again. Sometimes breaks are just what is needed. I think I want to make some embroidered dresser scarves for the new house after we get settled in. I've always liked them. The two tablecloths here in the RV are ones my Mom embroidered over 70 years ago!
Blessings,
Betsy

Miss Merry said...

What a pretty tree! And your linens are lovely. I have a whole dresser full of linens that I can't part with. And that is what is left after I pared down.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Beautiful tree! What a great view you have now! I used to use dresser scarves all the time! Do you suppose they will be fashionable again someday? I am impressed...you iron! :)

Susan said...

What a beautiful tree! I am so far behind on my ironing - it's on my to-do list but keeps getting pushed further and further down the line. I wonder why....