Sunday, March 7, 2021

YOP Week #36


 Off the rails!  Yep, between the "tiredness", more napping,  and working outside I haven't done much crafting at all and when I did, none of it was  part of "the plan"!  But that's alright.  I'll get back in the groove hopefully, and accomplish some finishes....any minute now! LOL!

I had an itch to crochet and also to make a serious effort to use up my acrylic stash.....so, I started another Giant Granny Square.  The last one I made I really enjoyed making.  Grayson liked it when he visited several years ago so I gave it to him.  It was made with Stylecraft DK.  This one is made with worsted.  I forgot about turning it so that it doesn't look "wonky"......so, it looks wonky.........oh well

My needles arrived from Knit Picks, along with some Felici sock yarn in the Dragon colorway.This won't get started for awhile.  I did start the other sock over and I have the cuff done and I'm working on the leg of sock #2

So with my new needles in hand and the yarns for the fox I started it................her directions for increases said to increase at every other end.  I thought that meant every other row but that was making the tip of the tail curve so then I did an increase on every row and it turned out fine. I enlarged the picture and I was able to count the rows in the tail.  


Then I started on the rust colored portion and everything was fine until this............don't ask me what happened....I haven't a clue........I went on thinking it wouldn't show much but it is bugging me so I know I will start over.  I can try and rip back but I'm not very good at it so.......this is why my projects take so long! LOL!  I end up making 3 of everything by the time I am done!

This afternoon I am going to sit down and get organized for Spring.  I need to balance outside work, inside work and my craft goals/YOP.  I will try and set realistic goals in each area, and hopefully that will keep me on track.  I did sleep a lot this past week but I hope that is the end of that saga!  I have not received my Happy pillow yet and I am praying it will arrive soon and safely from across the pond.  I have some other treasures coming in the mail so next week I should have lots to show you and hopefully progress on my crafty goals!

There was a terrible tragedy in the family of a podcast I have watched...The Kneady Homesteader....she and her husband and 2 of their children were in a terrible car accident on Valentine's Day.  It was ahead on crash by a drunk driver.  Her husband was killed instantly and she almost didn't make it and has a long recovery ahead of her.  The children were also injured with broken bones etc. but are out of the hospital.  She is on You Tube and if she gets more subscribers it will help her channel since she is now the sole bread maker of the family.  No pun intended.  She has excellent videos about making from scratch and canning, etc.  There is also a Go Fund Me page.   She is in rehab as she has 2 broken legs and 2 broken arms and more she is recovering from.   She is worried she will lose her viewers which helps her with her income.  Please say prayers for her and her family and if you want to do more feel free.  The first link is to her first video since the accident and from her rehab hospital room explaining everything and what happened.  The second is the link to the Go Fund Me page if you feel so inclined. 
  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7nHl...

  https://gofund.me/400f377f

 Anyway, no pressure.  I just thought I would put it out there. 

That's all for this week.  I hope you are all healthy and safe.  

Happy Trails!!!

11 comments:

Maureen D said...

I'm loving your dragon colorway sock yarn. Looks like a fun knit. Looks like you did a yarnover increase by accident?? You might be able to just "drop" those last 2 stitches and redo them from the row before the hole since it looks like it's just knit stitches. You have nothing to lose if it doesn't work and you have to rip out the rows back to the hole.

Far Side of Fifty said...

I was getting worried about you! Then I figured you were doing spring outside work! I have the start overs lately too. I am trying to get lots done so when I get the second shot I can just sleep! So sad about the vlogger...you never know from one day to the next what ill be:(

Leftycrafter said...

Hubby and I have had the sleepiness this week too from our 2nd dose of the vaccine. Today is the first day I have felt almost normal again. Your new sock yarn is super pretty. So sorry to see you need to rip out the scarf. But the saddest is the vligger and the accident she and her family were in. I will go have a look at her videos.

HighlandHeffalump said...

I feel like that about needing to come up with a plan for what I want to get done, so I’ll also do that this week. What a tragedy for that lady, I’ll take a look as it’s good to have some new podcasts to watch when I’m crafting.

Becki said...

I appreciate you sharing about The Kneady Homesteader. I did not follow her, but I've watched a bit of the video you linked to and have subscribed. What a heartbreaking situation. Her story is certainly a sober reminder that we just don't know what tomorrow (or the next minute) holds.

Betsy said...

I have watched The Kneady Homesteader in the past and will go back to it again. What an awful tragedy. I will definitely be praying for her and the family too.
I wouldn't worry about a wonky granny. They are supposed to be eclectic and when you're all snuggled up in it no one will even notice the wonkiness. :-)
I'm glad you're feeling better now. I'm having my first shot tomorrow and am hoping that neither one affect me much. I have too much to do to be down and out.
Blessings,
Betsy

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

I think you are right! Thank you! I already ripped it all out before I read your comment....I'm almost to the rust color again...it won't take me long to catch up.

Jeanna said...

I haven't knitted since I started cross stitching two years ago...I sure miss it. Seeing your projects makes me want to start again...of course, ALL of my stuff is in storage, ugh. Such a sad story about The Kneady Homesteader family. I will certainly subscribe to her channel and send up a prayer for them.

Cinna Knits said...

I love the wonky look of giant grannys; whimsical!

Breathing Life said...

I will subscribe to her youtube. What a horrendous accident - makes me feel grateful for my health for sure. What kind of needles did you buy from Knitpicks - I am always lusting after their needles, especially the interchangeables. I have a set of their 5inch double points size 2 - 3.5 and I LOVE them.

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

I just ordered some straight needles in a birch? or bamboo? nothing special but I am getting ready to order some Lykke interchangeables. I have one circular of theirs and love it!