Thursday, March 11, 2021

Spring has sprung!!!

 Whoa Nellie! I have my work cut out for me!  I am never ready when Spring rolls around  because I'm used to long winters.  But here in the South, winter is short and the summers are long.....and hot!

I went to Walmart the other day for pickup and then to the pharmacy to pickup prescriptions.  I needed a lot of groceries this time so it was an all day event.  I was still putting things away yesterday!  The perishables were all put in the frig right away.....never fear!  

I got some treasures in the mail but still no happy pillow.  I tried emailing  them today and PayPal said I have until August to lodge a complaint.....evidently when you use PayPal there is insurance to cover you  if something happens....PTL!   I got the club XS from Lori Holt............

and my Easter bunny..her name is Primrose and it is a kit so everything I need to make her is included.  Isn't she precious?  May be I should rename her Precious.........
 
I've been so busy that I have been pretty  monogamous working on my giant granny blanket. It's just so easy to pick up and work on it as opposed to other projects. I have still yet to repeat a yarn.....

Today I finally got my chicken in roasting....it smells so good..........this was just a little while ago...it's not done yet..............

I also made red velvet cupcakes........it has been years since I've made these...........

When I was shopping online at Walmart I noticed a new drink......Coca Cola with coffee and vanilla.  It comes in a 4 pack and I thought maybe that's what I need when I start yawning in the afternoon.  I bought a 4 pack and it is just what the doctor ordered!  I have stopped yawning and I am going full speed ahead.  Well, as fast as this old lady can go but at least no more napping!  I get little enough done as it is much less if I start napping.  I drink it over ice and I might be getting addicted to it.........

Happy Trails!!!




9 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

That drink would have me buzzing around too! That bunny is Precious! Flowers wow looks like spring to me!

Betsy said...

I've never heard of that drink but I have never been able to stand coffee so I don't think it's for me! I do like diet coke though no more than one per day. I know the chemicals aren't bad, but it's my one real indulgence, (besides chocolate.) Your blanket looks beautiful! I love the colors and it looks so warm and "happy".
Take care Sam and stay safe.
Blessings and hugs,
Betsy

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

I'd rather go to bed early at night than take a nap during the day. Daylight hours are for doing as far as I'm concerned. :) It's definitely spring here and already has gotten up to 80 F which I guess to some is summer temps. We are currently waiting to see if a big dust storm is going to overtake us. It's been making it's way through Saudi Arabia since yesterday. We haven't had one in a long time. Hoping it's not too bad. Take care. Happy crafting.

Miss Merry said...

We have had some days in the 69's here in Northern Ohio and one day with plenty of sunshine! It is getting colder for the weekend. I see a lot of people cleaning out flower beds, but I still remember a blizzard in April one year.

I had amazing luck with paypal when I was scammed on over $70 worth of cleaning products. I can't believe I fell for it (I did search the address and it was a real place, just not theirs). I filed the complaint and by gosh, they reimbursed the money I spent. I will only purchase with paypal now.

Jeanna said...

Your daffodils are so pretty. Did they just pop up overnight?
I am in the Lori Holt Prim club at FQS also. I haven't started yet but I hope to start working in some of those monthly stitches soon.
Red Velvet is one of my favorites! I'd love a cupcake or two or six :)

Susan said...

That is a precious bunny! I can finally see my garden beds - more or less - but there is still snow and ice around. I don't trust March as far as I can throw it, so I am not getting my hopes up (much). Coffee and vanilla are a great combination - in any form...

Becki said...

That Primrose is so sweet! I look forward to watching her be stitched up. Your granny square blanket it making me want to start one. I don't dare, though, until I finish the blanket I started before Christmas. ;^)

Between Me and You said...

The mail over here is still on catch-up, I believe. A local friend who ordered a t-shirt from Germany in December only received it this week,hopefully your pillow will arrive soon. I'm working on a crocheted blanket too. It started off with quite an elaborate pattern i.e. lots of different sized squares which meant lots of ends to sew in but now I'm just going round and round with alternate colours. Much easier on the brain at the moment!Have a good weekend and keep safe.x

felisha green said...


This professional hacker is absolutely reliable and I strongly recommend him for any type of hack you require. I know this because I have hired him severally for various hacks and he has never disappointed me nor any of my friends who have hired him too, he can help you with any of the following hacks:

-Phone hacks (remotely)
-Credit repair
-Bitcoin recovery (any cryptocurrency)
-Make money from home (USA only)
-Social media hacks
-Website hacks
-Erase criminal records (USA & Canada only)
-Grade change

Email: cybergoldenhacker at gmail dot com