Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Happy March!!!

The daffodils are up and the weeds too!  LOL!  They get a head start on me every year but that's okay.  It keeps me from being bored!  Last month was Black History month and this is Women's History Month!  So I will be posting things all month long relating to Women's History Month.

To get you started,  and me too, here is a book that looked like a good beginning!  I purchased it for my Kindle from Amazon for $2.99.....a good deal in my estimation!  So,  if you'd like to learn more about "badass" women this is a good jumping off place.

Yesterday was pretty productive around the homestead.  I did the usual Monday chores and some "in-depth" cleaning too.  I made a dessert of Vanilla Crack...remember my Christmas Crack?  This recipe was in my last Hannah Swenson mystery but it is not as good as the Christmas Crack recipe.......but still definitely edible!

I also received my yarn for Amy's fox scarf.........

The yarn is very soft and the colors are perfect!  I ordered needles too but I received an email this morning stating that they could not send my needles because they had a inventory discrepancy and  could not order any more either.  So, I placed an order on Knit Picks for needles and a couple skeins of sock yarn that they just happened to be on sale....lol!  A girl's got to take advantage of a sale when she sees one!

Today is more cleaning, clearing and organizing.  I need to defrost some ground beef for a meatloaf tomorrow, change my sheets, wash my quilt and blanket, file receipts, repair my fire pit screen and a zillion other things!  Oh, and make bread too! TTYL!

Happy Trails!!!



 

6 comments:

Leftycrafter said...

Let us know how the book is. Might need to read it if it is good. The yarn for the fox scarf looks soft. I like the colors too. Amy is a lucky girl. Knit Picks is always a good choice for ordering. Their customer service is awesome too. Looking forward to seeing the sock yarn you choose.

Betsy said...

That yarn is perfect for the fox scarf. Sorry about the needles but now you get more yarn too. Win/Win!
Our new house is directly next door to Dennis's Mom. That's the main reason we're going back, to help take care of her so this is wonderful. I did share one photo awhile ago when Mandy sent some. We've never been inside and it's strange to buy a house that you haven't been in. I guess I walked from the front door to the kitchen about 30 years ago with a plate of cookies but I didn't pay much attention to it.
I wanted an old farmhouse and instead have another split level floor plan. But...it's just a house. We can make it a home and it's where we need to be.
I'll try to find the name of that Filet Crochet blanket and put it in my next post for you.
Take care my dear friend.
Blessings and love,
Betsy

Susan said...

Oh, Knit Picks. I don't dare even glance at their site. I can't wait to see that fox scarf finished - it looks adorable! As usual, you have a jam-packed month planned. You're an inspiration! xo

Miss Merry said...

I'm waiting on the book review too! It sounds interesting! I just finished reading Moxie, which I guess is going to be a movie on Netflix. It's the story of a high school girl in a small Texas town that stands up to the all boy mentally and abuse. It is written for teenagers, but I liked it so much, I read it twice!

The colors are gorgeous and I can not wait to see this scarf!! Your daughter will be blown away.

Miss Merry said...

Too late! I hopped to Amazon, read the reviews, found the hardcover on Ebay for only $5 with shipping and it is on its way!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Nice yarn for the fox! Oh I ordered more yarn too...it is an addiction! I am spring cleaning the Living room one bit at a time aI will be done in one more day most likely FRiday or Saturday! I did the picture wall this morning! Staying busy for sure bread sounds good!