Sunday, February 28, 2021

YOP Week #35

Another slow week.  I had my 2nd Moderna shot and lost another day to sleeping and even yesterday I got under the covers and slept all afternoon.  I finally looked up Covid vaccine reactions and it was definitely the shot.  I had the chills, extreme tiredness where I couldn't stop  yawning and couldn't keep my eyes open.  I also had a headache.  I'm  fine now but I sure didn't get much done this past week.  But I am so grateful for the vaccine!

 I worked on the 3rd of 16 stars but didn't get it finished....I was so tired I couldn't even knit or cross stitch! LOL!

I did manage to get "back in the saddle" with the sock I had frogged and I got the cuff done and I'm just starting on the leg.  This is sock #2.  Sock #1 is up to the heel flap.

Yesterday I worked on the "hand" by Blackbird Designs...............I finished the 2nd heart...

I worked on Betty Glover last Sunday and will today.....it probably doesn't look much different as I am working on the border.........

I can't remember where I left off with the hexies but this is #10 and #11 is the last full hexie and I cut the fabric for the outside row.  After that I will need to cut more fabric for the partial hexies and then there are all the hexies that will connect all the diamonds together.  It's very pleasant to sew them.  The hardest part for me is cutting the fabric as bending over anything for any length of time hurts my back.  It amazes me how these "ailments" just crop up all of a sudden and once they do they don't go away! I call it "Adventures in Aging"! LOL!

My daughter asked me to make her a fox scarf so the yarn and needles are ordered and here is a picture..........I ran out of colored ink in the printer but hers will be orange and white.......this pattern includes child and adult sizes..........I'm looking forward to knitting it.

I also grabbed some other patterns this week as it got me in the mood for making gifts for Birthdays/Christmas or at least gathering the patterns and materials........this is a Tin Can Knits pattern and I have been wanting to try color work.  This pattern looked fairly simple and I have heard Tin Can Knits patterns are very clear and understandable.  Plus they were having a 2 for 1 sale! 

so here's the 2nd pattern.............also, their patterns contain all sizes from infant to adult..........

This picture does not do these socks justice but they are pencil socks and they look like a pencil with the cuff being the eraser and then there's the gray metal part and the yellow wood and then the bare wood where it is sharpened and then the lead.  She used to sell kits with all the appropriately colored yarn needed but no more.  Now she just sells the pattern so I will have to gather the yarns myself.  Of course, these will be for my daughter, the teacher.  There is also notebook paper socks to go with the pencil socks! LOL! 

Several of the next patterns were enabled by fellow YOPers...you know who you are!  This is the Rasta and what I loved about it was the fact that it is 1 skein and 1 hour! Really?  Even 2 hours would be fine with me!  I think this will be THE featured gift this coming Christmas!

Then there were these delightful and gorgeous socks that someone was making!  LOVE!  Was it you Lucy?  Adorable!  You use leftover sock yarn or buy some new mini-skeins. They might be next years Christmas Eve cast on.

I downloaded this pattern for $5 which includes all 3 patterns!  She's on Etsy.

Here's a free pattern from Plum Street Sampler......just visit the website
and one from Needle Bling Designs.....again just visit the website and download..........

Surprise!  I found this when I was going through my "stuff" and it has the material and the floss and everything!  It is linen though which I am hesitant of after the black cat fiasco.  But everyone else manages it so I will forge ahead!

Last but not least.......I am not a cake eater but all of a sudden I am wanting cake...not just any old cake but a really delicious cake....no Cool Whip for this gal! LOL!  

One of the XS designers....was it Brenda Gervais?  She had a birthday and her cake (on IG) was a gorgeous white cake with light pink frosting and it was Raspberry Buttercream frosted almond cake......I found a similar recipe but of course, I don't have the  ingredients...but I think there is going to be a cake in my future!  This recipe is on Sugarspiceslife.com                 

I hope you are safe and well and that you have found things to inspire and delight you this past week!

Happy Trails!!!



19 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Hope you feel better every day, I am still tired after just the first shot! I have a friend who said she was tired and had a headache and slept for two days so you are not alone! Hope you have a good week, you have lots of projects to keep you busy...love that foxy scarf!! :)

Leftycrafter said...

That fox scarf is adorable. How nice that your daughter asked for it. The other patterns are nice too. The one of the child wearing a bonnet would be perfect for anyone during the winter months. Let us know how you do with colorwork. It is still in my "to learn" list. You have some cute xstitch patterns you downloaded this week. For being "off" for a few days, you still seemed to get quite a few things worked on. Good luck on the linen piece. It sure is cute. Have a great week.

Maureen D said...

Ahhh, the advent socks. Time to pull them out and work on the next stripe. I'll be trying them on as I may have made the snowflake stripe too tight. Fingers crossed.

Loving your self striping sock. Really pretty and vibrant colors.

Cousin Kay said...

The fox scarf is adorable! I love foxes.

Cousin Kay said...

We never saw foxes around Hanover. I think they must have been almost extinct. Saw one on our deck here in suburbia a couple of years ago. It was beautiful.

Miss Merry said...

My daughter in law had her second Moderna shot on Friday and Saturday my son called and asked if we could take their three kids for the weekend. She said she ached all over but the blessing was she was so tired she slept pretty much for a day and a half. 36 hours later she showered and did her hair and feels like a million bucks, so I guess it was worth it! (or did she just want a break from three little boys)LOL. Glad you are on the mend.

Cinna Knits said...

Love the adorable projects coming up the pipeline! The pencil and paper socks are just darling!

Becki said...

Here I was going to get caught up on reading YOP posts today and I just got totally sidetracked checking out all of the Tin Can Knits' patterns. I bought the Beloved and Brambles hat patterns. Thank you for sharing about the sale, Sam. The fox scarf is cute. I made that scarf over 4 years ago when I was a fledging knitter. Your daughter will, no doubt enjoy wearing that. And her students will enjoying seeing her wear it! :)

Betsy said...

I just love all of the patterns you shared with us, along with the projects you're currently working on. The hearts are so pretty and delicate.
Dennis has an appointment tomorrow afternoon for the 1st Pfizer shot. I got him the appointment online about 5:30 Friday afternoon. He got the second to the last appointment available. I'm really glad you're feeling better. I've heard the moderna vaccine is a little harder on you than the Pfizer. I still can't get an appointment yet but I keep on trying.
Blessings,
Betsy

Susan said...

That's good to know, about the second vaccine shot. My sister had her first and had heard that fatigue was the most common side effect of the second. How in the world can you keep up with all these wonderful projects??? I love Tin Can patterns - and now I have to knit those pencil socks.

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

Oh! Was it you, Maureen? I apologize....I knew I had seen them somewhere....I'm a shameless copycat! LOL!

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

I love them also. I had one that came up on my front porch and then trotted down the steps and around the house....so pretty! A few weeks ago there was one that came through the back yard. It was more a golden color not so orange but it was a fox.

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

That's why she wanted it....she said her students would get a kick out of it.

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

Who said I keep up? LOL!

Breathing Life said...

Thank you for sharing your covid vaccine experience. By the time I get mine I will be prepared with all my yopper USA friends posting their reactions. I too have the advent socks in my queue, but definitely need to purchase a bunch of minis because all my sock yarn is variegated. Oh boy - an excuse to buy yarn!! I love that fox scarf....I am gonna queue that for sure!

HighlandHeffalump said...

I do wonder whether the people who have the strongest reactions to the vaccine would also be the ones hardest hit by catching the virus, so in my head I’m still relieved people are getting the vaccine even if it has some short term side effects. Thanks for sharing all these lovely things you have found. I love the pencil and paper socks Marilee has made and they seem perfect for a teacher.

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

You could be right as I have 2 autoimmune diseases plus, I'm old! LOL!

Lucy Bowen said...

I'm very late getting round this week! I have indeed, made several advent pairs of socks! Never followed a proper pattern but they are brilliant fun and use up lots of bits! I'm sure your reaction is just because your immune system is responding well to fight something it thinks it has. Hopefully,this bodes well should you be exposed to it for real.

felisha green said...


This professional hacker is absolutely reliable and I strongly recommend him for any type of hack you require. I know this because I have hired him severally for various hacks and he has never disappointed me nor any of my friends who have hired him too, he can help you with any of the following hacks:

-Phone hacks (remotely)
-Credit repair
-Bitcoin recovery (any cryptocurrency)
-Make money from home (USA only)
-Social media hacks
-Website hacks
-Erase criminal records (USA & Canada only)
-Grade change

Email: cybergoldenhacker at gmail dot com