Tuesday, February 16, 2021

If Sam can't go North, the North comes to her!

 I am so thrilled with the weather!  Mine at least.  We have power so far and yesterday it snowed all day and it was beautiful!  I do feel for those in Texas without power.....the wind power turbines froze?  We have little wind here but usually lots of sunshine so our electric co-op has fields and fields of solar panels.  So far we're good and the sun was shining all day today.  It was -3 F this morning and I think it is 20 F now.  We are getting another storm tonight with maybe 8-10 inches and bitter cold.  As long as we have power I will enjoy it.

yesterday.......

today............

 
I'm still reading the same books so I won't comment on them. I did go out in the snow yesterday and I'm glad I did because I thought we only got about 3 inches but once I got out there it was more like 5 or 6 inches!  While I was outside I collected some snow and came in and made snow ice cream.  I 'd never made it before so I used a recipe online that called for sugar and vanilla and some milk but it made it soupy....it was still cold and good and it is in the freezer.  Next time I think I will leave it plain and just put maple syrup on it. 

The birds were at the feeder all day and they have 2 suet blocks and I am feeding them twice a day now as they are not used to snow or this cold! LOL!  Did I tell you I put in a suet for woodpeckers and it wasn't 5 minutes until a woodpecker showed up....the first one!  How did he know?  He's big too and I tried to get a picture but it seems the big birds scare easy whereas the little ones don't seem bothered  at all.  They even sit on the windowsill and look in the window! LOL!  I should get some of that dark plastic for the window where I can see out but they can't see in.



 

I prepped for Connie's recipe for Chicken in it's Own Gravy yesterday.  I defrosted the chicken and then realized I had no evaporated milk so I made my own!  I Googled a recipe for it and basically you just evaporate regular milk by heating on the stove....duh!  So, I made some and today I made the recipe and used it.  It is all ready to go in the oven.  The rice is cooked and I have canned green beans to go with it.

I did a load of laundry and finished cutting the 32 squares for the Mystery Quilt by Kathleen Tracy Step #1............16 dark/medium and 16 lights

I worked on my Turkey Time small on breaks,,,,,,,,,,,

BTW, Grayson, my grandson, sent me a recipe he wanted me to share with you.  I haven't tried it yet but he said he has, and it is good and healthy......

1.baby carrots
2.baby sweet peppers
3.salt & pepper
4.bouquet garni 
5.time (I think he means thyme)
bacon optional
 there is the recipie

Mon, Feb 15, 11:24 AM (1 day ago)



There you go!  That' s all for today.....it flew by!  I hope you had a good one and that you are safe, well, and have power!

Happy Trails!!!

 

 

 

 

 

7 comments:

Leftycrafter said...

So glad you have power. My son in Texas has been without power since 7AM Monday morning and no clue when it will come back on. He is in quarantine with covid so unable to go anywhere other than a hospital.

You are so sweet to make sure the birds have food during this cold snap.

When does your quilt a long start. Looks like you are all set to start.

Miss Merry said...

Sounds like Grayson is a chef in the making! It sounds like Texas has been living on the edge utility wise for a while. They don't require windmills to use the non-freezing lubricant that all the other states require and they don't bury the gas lines (which are frozen too) to the depth that other states require. And they are the only state with their own grid, not tied into anyone. I bet voters will be demanding some changes once they thaw!

Far Side of Fifty said...

I like Graysons recipe...everything is better with bacon. I am sure you will like Chicken in its own gravy we sure do and it freezes well too. Hope you stay warm and have electricity! The weather looks awful for your area:(

Betsy said...

Your meal plan sounds great and Grayson seems to be a budding chef. I make homemade chicken and noodles for dinner tonight with salad and rolls. I also took a duplicate of everything and left them on the porch of a friend who got her second Moderna shot yesterday and is miserable with the side affects. That way she doesn't have to worry about dinner for her and her husband.
We have had snow for the past three days. Today was supposed to be sunny but instead we got another 5 inches of "sunshine"! :-)
Take care and stay warm. I'm glad you're enjoying the snow.
Blessings,
Betsy

Betsy said...

And thank you for the beautiful birthdsy card yesterday. It is so sweet. I keep opening it up and looking at it again.
Blessings and love,
Betsy

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Glad you have power on. So many do not. We had one storm come through and now freezing temps. Did you see the photos on my blog today? I had to shovel a path to get in my chicken coop. Another storm is due on Thursday.

felisha green said...


This professional hacker is absolutely reliable and I strongly recommend him for any type of hack you require. I know this because I have hired him severally for various hacks and he has never disappointed me nor any of my friends who have hired him too, he can help you with any of the following hacks:

-Phone hacks (remotely)
-Credit repair
-Bitcoin recovery (any cryptocurrency)
-Make money from home (USA only)
-Social media hacks
-Website hacks
-Erase criminal records (USA & Canada only)
-Grade change

Email: cybergoldenhacker at gmail dot com