Sunday, February 7, 2021

YOP Week #32


 I missed last week's YOP update.  I was tired and really didn't have anything to show for the week.  This week I have a few things but not much! LOL!

My cross stitch rotation is going well so far............the Star I work on Monday, Wednesday and Friday.......the lighting is terrible...very dark and gloomy out and cold....brrrrr!  The polar vortex is here.   My "putty" colored floss arrived so I was able to finish the first star completely.  Only 15 more to go! LOL!

I worked on Betsy Glover on Sunday......
 

Saturday was Blackbird Designs...........

I was supposed to work on a "small" on Tuesday and Thursday and I did but I had to tear it out.   I had tried to use the one of 2 colors I had but it wasn't at a good starting place and I ended up making a mistake in the counting.  I ordered the rest of the floss I needed and will wait until it arrives to start it again.  It should arrive this week.

I worked on my sock #2 and finished the leg so now I am doing the heel flap on sock #1.  

These are the "dark to medium" fabrics for Block #1 of the Mystery Quilt by Kathleen Tracy.  It requires 4 dark /medium fabrics and 4 light fabrics...... 

I had 2 of the 4 lights and had to order more so I am waiting for them............

As for my hexies.................I finished #11 of the full hexies and so those are done but not really....

here's #10..........

and here's #11.............unfortunately there is not enough contrast in the last row and the connecting hexies are going to be a light tan or beige print so that last round has to be replaced with something with more contrast.  After that is done I will have 2 lengthwise half hexies, 6 width-wise half hexies, and 4 -1/4 hexies not counting the interconnecting hexies for which I need to order 1/2 yard of fabric.

I did not work on the snowman nor did I make another project bag but much of my time was spent cleaning and clearing.  That mojo doesn't come about often enough so when it does I have to go with it!  LOL!

Today I'll be making minestrone soup, a Mediterranean salad and bread.  I'll be watching the Super Bowl later tonight and doing a little knitting and cross stitching in-between.  I hope you are safe and well and are making "all the things"!

Happy Trails!!!









16 comments:

lovestoSwatch said...

wow, a mystery quilt along sounds so intriguing! How long will it take?
Those hexagons are adorable!

Leftycrafter said...

How interesting to do a mystery QAL. You are so inspiring. All those xstitch projects and you manage to work on each one each week. And on top of that you do your hexies and socks. When do you sleep and eat?

We will be watching the Super Bowl tonight too. Not sure who my hubby is cheering for but I am hoping for KC to put another victory on their board.

D'Nali said...

Love the projects!!!

I just finished making some corn and crab bisque and some chili tangy wings for later. Happy Super Bowl Sunday to you too!

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

It's a small quilt so it's supposed to wrap up in April

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

Yes! Go Chiefs!

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

Oh, that sounds delicious! Too bad we can't get together for the game.
Enjoy your food!

Cinna Knits said...

Your cross stitches are so lovely! I know I say that every week, but I truly enjoy seeing them progress every week. I also really like hearing your meal planning- gives me ideas.

I think the cold weather has us ALL thinking of soups! I'm making a lamb stew tomorrow, my kids are already pretty excited about this. Yesterday I got some "stew cubes" from my local meat guy at the farmer's market. I think I may need to make some fresh bread to go with the soup, because what is more perfect?

Maureen D said...

I enjoy seeing your cross stitch projects. I haven't gotten into cross stitch so I enjoy seeing others.

Hope you have a fun Super Bowl evening. I'm not a basketball fan and not much of a baseball fan anymore so the Super Bowl is kinda sad for me. Fortunately I'm a HUGE soccer fan so hoping more soccer games will be televised this spring and summer.

Breathing Life said...

Nice to hear from you this week. I am just finishing reading the yop updates before the game starts. It is coldish here too, but sunny, so I'll take it, and I have lots of warm knits to wrap up in, as I am sure you do too. Enjoy the game!

Betsy said...

That star is a LOT of stitches and you have 15 more to go? Wow! I always enjoy seeing all of your projects. Several people and done hexies and they always fascinate me...but not enough to do my own! I have wanted to learn paper piecing, but I don't have enough hours in the day anyway to do everything I want to do. I have a feeling when Dennis retires I'll have even less time. He's always busy, busy and likes me to accompany him or at least be with him! :-) I guess there could be worse problems. He wants to be with me and I love to be with him too. It probably would have been easier if we had retired at the same time. Now I've gotten used to having lots of time to craft.
I'm making mexican pizza for dinner. Very simple with flour tortillas, con queso, corn and sour cream, hamburger and cheese.
Have fun watching the game.
Blessings,
Betsy

Becki said...

Looking forward to watching your mystery quilt grow, Sam. What a fun idea! I hope you enjoy the game. Not having much interest in professional football, I keep forgetting it's Super Bowl Sunday - except in reading everyone's posts today. I'm getting ready to settle in to watch some Waltons episodes I've never seen, and enjoy some pizza. :)

Far Side of Fifty said...

You have lots of projects going at once! Hope you get out of the deep freeze soon...it was -15 when I was cooking supper...not sure what it is now...cold. Take Care Sam:)

JustMagicMaria said...

I hear you about the cleaning and clearing mojo! Here's hoping that it warms up soon and that your favorite team wins!

Lucy Bowen said...

Soup and bread sounds perfect, intact it is time we had the same! Your cross stitcyhes are, as always, lovely and your hexies are wonderful. I can't wait to see that develop.

HighlandHeffalump said...

How you get all your hexies connected has me confused but I guess because I don’t understand this type of quilt construction. If my brain can’t cope with these then a mystery QAL would definitely have me perplexed. We have the cold winds and 50 miles north of us they had giant snowdrifts that blocked the road and needed big diggers and tractors to dig the road clear to let the trapped drivers out, j

Jeanna said...

You made a lot of progress on your creative projects. I know what you mean about the cleaning mojo...got to strike while the iron is hot!