Wednesday, February 3, 2021

No excuses........just no mojo for anything....

 It must be a mid-winter slump but I am slow and by the time I get going it's time for supper!  Sunday I made out my menu and grocery list and ordered groceries.  Monday I picked them up and unloaded, de-bagged, disinfected and put away.  Yesterday I cleaned up the kitchen, did laundry, and roasted brussel sprouts....so easy and so good!  I haven't done much crafting although I did work on my last full hexie last night.  On breaks I've been working on the Star.....

I did receive some treasures last week which I forgot to show you...........


I also joined a Mystery Quilt on Kathleen Tracy's FB group.  It's all free you just have to provide your own material.  These are "little" quilts; like doll size.  She has free patterns on her website too which I have used before.  Just Google her and you'll find it all.  So I printed off the directions for January and February...........she gives excellent directions and tips and tricks.

It's been sunny and 50's today and yesterday.  Rain is supposed to fall tomorrow and then a deep freeze of below zero next week!  I did watch a good movie of which I had read the book years ago.  It is The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society on Netflix.  I highly recommend!  It's very good and there's some true history behind it too regarding World War 2.  I also caught up with The Crown series.

That's all for now!  I hope you are all safe and well!

Happy Trails!!!
  



8 comments:

Leftycrafter said...

When you make put your menu, do you stick to it well? I seem to veer off of mine a bit each week. You got some lovely treasures in the mail. Your star xstitch is coming along. Very pretty.

Miss Merry said...

I love the colors of your new treasures! I was just thinking - how is your son in law doing? Well, I hope! Just thinking of him.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Pretty yarn! I have wondered about that movie I should watch it soon. I think we are all tired! Stay safe Sam!

Diana said...

Love that new yarn!! I've been in a slump since winter came along. Ah well. Just waiting for Spring and warmer weather so I can get back outdoors and gardening. Blessings to you, Sam!

Betsy said...

Ooh, I really like your new treasures, especially the yarn colors. They remind me of spring. Your weather sounds like ours, it was beautiful today but very cold expected by the weekend. The mountains all around us are to get snow tomorrow.
I think we're all in a mid-winter slump. Almost a year we've virtually been in prison in our homes. I'm ready to fly out the door!
Stay safe and well Sam.
Blessings and love,
Betsy

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

I stick to it but usually buy too much and I have to watch the perishables like fresh veggies to ensure I use them first.

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

He is doing great. I haven't mentioned him in a while because he is a private person and doesn't like things posted about him. He got a prosthetic foot and is back to work!

felisha green said...


This professional hacker is absolutely reliable and I strongly recommend him for any type of hack you require. I know this because I have hired him severally for various hacks and he has never disappointed me nor any of my friends who have hired him too, he can help you with any of the following hacks:

-Phone hacks (remotely)
-Credit repair
-Bitcoin recovery (any cryptocurrency)
-Make money from home (USA only)
-Social media hacks
-Website hacks
-Erase criminal records (USA & Canada only)
-Grade change

Email: cybergoldenhacker at gmail dot com