Sunday, February 14, 2021

YOP Week #33

BIG snowstorm is coming...2 in fact!  Happy Valentine's Day to me and you!   One storm later this afternoon and then again on Wednesday.  I tried to order groceries from Walmart yesterday but because of the storms coming they are overwhelmed and there is no "pickup" until Thursday!  Lucky me as I always have "backups" of everything so I'm good.

It is very cold here in the single digits and below zero with the wind chill.  It is ordinarily in the 50's this time of year.  I have to leave my faucets dripping as they do not bury pipes very deep here so they can freeze in this cold.   So far, so good!  

I didn't get a lot of crafting done this week between the ice storm and sleeping a whole day away!  But I managed a few things......

I didn't work on my sock or hexies but I did work on the Star........


  and my "small" called Turkey Time......I still have one floss I need for it............

Sunday's I work on Betty Glover............

Saturday I worked on Black Bird Designs but there's not enough progress to warrant a photo. I am going to sew this week for sure!  I thought I would last week but I didn't.  Today I will iron and cut fabric for several projects.

Speaking of Valentine's Day..........I got the most wonderful presents!  I hit the yarn lottery!  My daughter is an art teacher and she gets lots of donations of supplies.  Well, she got a big box of yarns which they use in art projects but this time it was merino and sock yarn and never been touched before!

Amy usually uses worsted and thick yarn for the projects that utilize fiber so.......she decided to gift it to me as they couldn't use it! Am I lucky or what???  Look at all this yarn!!!!



On top of that they sent me a card and some treats and Grayson made me his own card...........I am the luckiest Grandma!



Plus, nowadays, gifts wouldn't be complete without some sanitizing wipes or TP! LOL!

I hope you are having a wonderful Valentine's Day and that all your crafting dreams come true!

Happy Trails!!!

P.S.  No more dizziness and thank you for your concern!



12 comments:

Maureen D said...

Those are gorgeous yarns. You indeed are so lucky!! I have a friend that reapplied your crafting day plan. Sundays are now military afghan day which are red, white, and blue afghans donated to vets.

Miss Merry said...

Gosh, that yarn is just wonderful! I can't wait to see what you do with it. You certainly are well loved with all the gifts. We are forecasted to get up to 12 inches starting Monday afternoon. I told all my kids to make sure my grandkids pack extra underwear and pjs when they drop them off for daycare.

Cinna Knits said...

WHOA!!! That is a phenomenal yarn haul, this will be fun to decide what to make! And such lovely gifts!

Great progress on the stitching too!!

Leftycrafter said...

Oh my goodness..................Yarn jackpot is an understatement. You will be able to make many lovely items with all that yumminess. And sweet treats on top of that along with sanitizing wipes and lovely cards. You are a very lucky and loved Grandma. Your cross stitch is moving right along. I like all of the ones you are working on. Have a great week.

Betsy said...

My goodness, you did indeed hit the yarn jackpot! Those are some gorgeous yarns.
I hope all is well and safe for you during the storms. We've been without running water since Thursday night because the parks hydrant froze up. We're hoping that it didn't completely ruin our heated hose. They are super expensive. We do have one as a back-up but don't want to put it on and blow it up too! A warm up to above freezing is expected by the end of the week although it's snowing now and we have a winter warning tonight and tomorrow.
Take care my friend.
Blessings,
Betsy

Becki said...

Wow, you DID hit the jackpot! I'm so glad Amy has a worthy person to pass those beautiful yarns along to. All of your stitches are looking great, and I'm looking forward to seeing that pretty fabric worked up into projects. I think we're going to be getting your frigid cold weather over the next few days. And then the 40's are right behind it! Hang in there. Spring's a comin!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Wow that was a yarn jackpot! You should be set for a few days! Happy Valentines Day sure hope your storm does not have ice and that you keep electricity! No more dizziness...good for you! Stay warm!

Lucy Bowen said...

Your stitching, as always, is gorgeous.
I hope you get through the storms unscathed. And that is a fabulous yarn haul, now onto planning the projects!

HighlandHeffalump said...

I’m glad you are feeling better and the dizziness has passed. I hope the storms pass without any damage but paint a nice view out of your windows. If I lived local and there was no pandemic I’d be tempted to help you catalogue your flosses, I’m sure in all your kits you probably have every colour and some will only use a tiny amount. I have an image of little cards with floss wound on in a rainbow order with their floss ID written on but that’s totally me and my love of order and labels 😂. You got some beautiful yarn and presents and obviously have great grandchildren.

Breathing Life said...

Lucky you to be gifted all that yummy yarn (and candy and wipes) lol.

D'Nali said...

Just lovely gifts all round! You definitely hit the yarn lottery and yes, no gift these days is complete without tp, masks or wipes. What a time we live in!

felisha green said...


This professional hacker is absolutely reliable and I strongly recommend him for any type of hack you require. I know this because I have hired him severally for various hacks and he has never disappointed me nor any of my friends who have hired him too, he can help you with any of the following hacks:

-Phone hacks (remotely)
-Credit repair
-Bitcoin recovery (any cryptocurrency)
-Make money from home (USA only)
-Social media hacks
-Website hacks
-Erase criminal records (USA & Canada only)
-Grade change

Email: cybergoldenhacker at gmail dot com