Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Floss organizing .....or trying!

 I have finally decided I need to get my cross stitch floss organized and so I brought it from all corners of the house and here it is..............

I did do some organizing about 6 months ago and I purchased floss bags and rings which I like!  I still have boxes of floss on the little cards but it makes the floss wrinkled and hard to work with at times.

I have an old belt hangar that I can hang my separate rings of floss on and I hang the whole thing in my closet.  This works great for me.  I think you can still get them (even though mine is probably 40 years old! LOL!) and it has been really convenient for storing my floss.  I eventually want to get rid of the little cards and the boxes.  I use a separate ring for different types of floss/brands and the DMC I separate so the rings don't get too crowded.  I think it was Lori Holt that organizes her floss by color.  I may do that eventually because I think it makes it easier if you want to substitute colors.

I have grocery pickup at 2:00 p.m. but they just emailed me and said they are running behind.  This is the first day they have had grocery pickup in more than a week!  But I got my order in!

Tomorrow I go for my second vaccine shot and they called this morning and said to come between 10 and 11.  Friday I want to get my car in for an oil change, check the tires and fluids.  I didn't want to go tomorrow in case I have a reaction or I'm tired.

I got some good junk mail today.........Connecting Threads fabric catalog and Knit Picks yarn catalog.  I save them to look at in the evening.  

 My daughter requested a fox scarf so I found a pattern that's knitted and includes Adult and Child sizes in case the grands want one.  I doubt if Sam would...he's a teenager now....when did that happen?  He is taller than his mother and way taller than me! LOL!  I ordered the yarn and needles today.  I got an email that my HAPPY pillow shipped...it will take a bit of time from overseas but I am more than willing to wait for that awesome kit!

There was a lot of snow melting yesterday and it is gone from the roof but there is still some out there!

It was supposed to be in the 60's today but I checked and it is 74!  What a switch as just last week I was worried about the pipes freezing! LOL!

I hope you are all well and that Texas is doing better despite their incompetent state government!

Happy Trails!!! 



5 comments:

Leftycrafter said...

Organizing for floss is a big task. I had a floss organizer case with over 300 different DMC floss colors in it. I gave it to my mom and when she passed I sold it. How I wish I had kept that now that I have started cross stitch again. I never had an issue with winding the floss on the cardboard bobbins. Mine never creased to where I could not use it well.

So glad you survived the artic blast that hit your area as well as TX and OK. Spring is right around the corner now.

Miss Merry said...

We still have huge drifts and snowy roads, but not for long! Today it got up to 48, which was about 10 degrees higher than the forecast. We were looking forward to Thursday which is forecast in the 40's. I just hope enough melts to make it manageable when it snows again.

Good luck tomorrow. I hear Tylenol and a nap helps. We are still one year too young to get on the list, but I still have my fingers crossed it will be soon.

Far Side of Fifty said...

I got a Knit Picks catalogue in the mail today too! I like looking at all the ideas! Wish I was a faster knitter! It is snowing here now, hope we don't get more than three inches or it will be a day of shoveling/resting for me. Hope you shot goes okay1. I have three boxes of floss all wrapped up on cards, the kinks never bothered me, I guess I never thought about it! I think there are charts online for DMC colors...some are so close in color that they are good subs!
I have to order groceries tomorrow:)

Becki said...

Wow! 74 degrees!!! We hit 55 today and our streets look like rivers with all the melting snow. That belt holder ring is a genius idea for hanging floss from. I hope getting your vaccine tomorrow is effortless. Yay for you!

Betsy said...

I keep all of my floss on the cards in the boxes. It's worked for me and I don't do enough cross stitch to redo my method of storage.
I'll be praying for you with your injection tomorrow. I've been told that you should wait to take tylenol or advil AFTER the vaccine has been given otherwise it could compromise effectiveness if you take it beforehand. I don't know why, just that a few different medical people have told me that. Please let us know how you're doing afterward. We're still waiting for an appointment to open up for Dennis and I'm not eligible yet. I want to ge them and have it over and done with before we go near family. I'm so ready to see people again.
Blessings and hugs,
Betsy