Friday, February 19, 2021

Glad I don't live in Texas!

 Those poor people!  I would be ripping my state government if I lived there.  What a bunch of bozos!  Totally did not have to happen.  I enjoyed our snow and no loss of power or water and they even plowed my street!  I didn't even know we had a plow! LOL!  We have a fairly new mayor and he does so much more than any mayor I've ever known since I moved here.  He's a keeper!

The birds have been "flocking" to the feeder........







Here's the red headed woodpecker!  It's the best photo I could get....lol!

After the snow stopped .....2 days worth and about a foot........the sun came out and it was beautiful.  Too cold to melt but today was supposed to be 34 and tomorrow 41 so it won't be long and it will be gone...........

BTW, I made Connie's Chicken That Makes It's Own Gravy and it was delish!!!  It's a keeper for sure and the chicken was so tender.  Go visit Far Side of Fifty and check her blog posts.....it was this past week that she posted it.  Thank you, Connie!

I've been doing quite a bit of organizing and cleaning although it doesn't look like it but the areas I have done are staying done so that's a good feeling.  

I am working on the Mystery Quilt...I'm still on January...........32 half-square triangles.......prepped to sew.  Loving my new pins too!

I ordered a needlepoint kit today.  I have had my eye on it for awhile and I couldn't stop thinking about it so I bit the bullet and ordered it.  It was pricey but it comes with everything.  Needlepoint is expensive because the canvases are hand painted and the yarn is pure wool.  It is so gorgeous and I can't wait to show you!  It is coming from the U.K. so it will probably be a couple weeks.  I'm so excited!  

I hope you are warm and enjoying your Friday.  There is no grocery pickup at my Walmart until Monday now because although there is some melting it refreezes at night and the roads are slick.  I have everything I need so I am in no hurry.  I have 4 -wheel drive for snow but nothing helps on ice.

Stay safe!

Happy Trails!!!
 
 

6 comments:

Leftycrafter said...

Look at all those birds. They knew you had food for them. I think they passed the word around too. My son in TX got electricity late last night. It only too 5 days. He was so happy to be able to take a hot shower. I never minded driving on snow but ice....no thank you.

Miss Merry said...

We have had not quite 20 inches overall this week and never lost power or heat or water here in Ohio. I have been reading about Texas. Sounds like lots of fishy stuff with their utilities. I never thought about, but here I know we have a public utilities commission at the state level that takes care of requirements, rates and stuff. I wonder if the regular people in Texas really understood the system they have and that is different than all other 49 states.

Betsy said...

That's what I said last night in my post too, I'll drive in snow anytime, but ice? No thank you. You have absolutely no control whatsoever.
Those birds sure know who has the good stuff in the feeder for them. You have an entire menagerie of different feathered friends.
I've always wanted to try needlepoint but never have done it. I do like to do crewel embroidery and also the fine embroidery on tea towels and such.
I'm going to have to go back and get Connie's recipe. I was going to write it down at the time and forgot.
Take care Sam and stay inside and safe.
Blessings and love,
Betsy

Far Side of Fifty said...

Glad you liked the recipe, it is a keeper for sure! You have lots of bird visitors! Love that Cardinal! Enjoy your snow, glad you have heat and water!

Rain said...

Hi Sam :) Thanks for the birthday wishes! Alex made me a cholesterol-inducing dinner and I LOVED it lol! ;) Wow...look at your snow! I love all of the photos of the birds at the feeder! :)

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

It's kinda telling that so many states are able to manage with major winter storms, yet TX totally crumbled. The government was warned years back to weatherize and prepare but chose to do nothing and now they like to play the blame game and lie about their failings. Infrastructure everywhere needs some major consideration and renovation in most places because unfortunately these type of weather events along with the negative impact of human activity are just going to cause even more catastrophes. Better safe than sorry when it comes to getting out and about when there's ice. My mom and brother live in MS where they are not used to frigid temps and sleet. Businesses there closed for a day or two just to keep people off the roads. You got some great pics of the birds.