Friday, February 12, 2021

Have you ever slept all day?

 I think I did one time when I had the flu but not really because I had kids and you really couldn't!  But yesterday when I got up I was sort of light headed so I took a little power nap in my chair thinking that would perk me up but it didn't and I didn't feel like eating.  I always make my bed in the morning so I hate to crawl back in bed but I did!  I slept until 12:30 p.m.  I got up and had some soup and crackers and crawled back in bed.  I didn't have a fever but was a little dizzy.   I watched some t.v. and then slept for another 3 hours.  I had some snacks and watched more t.v. and went to sleep about 8:00 p.m. and slept until 4:30 this morning.  I feel great today!  I rarely ever get sick but I do "crash " like that every once in awhile. I think God makes me dizzy otherwise I won't lay down.  LOL! Although, I can't remember ever sleeping that long!

So, we never lost power from the ice storm.  The worst of it went South of us but we do have ice. Since we have no sanding or salting of streets it is still icy out there and it has been in the 20's all week.  It will stay icy until it melts on its own.  I don't know how the mail people are managing.  I had to wear my Yak Traks to get to the mail box.  

I got some more supplies in the mail...............I got my quilting ruler........

 

and a pattern that I had joined a club for the series but I won't do that again. They send them individually and you have to pay for shipping each time. I usually wait until I have several things to order to save on shipping.  No more clubs for me.  They don't specify a month but the design seems to indicate the season...........you can put them all on one big piece of fabric or do them individually.  I will do them individually. 

I didn't photograph my floss but it came in for my "small" and I started it this morning.  It is 1 over 2 which I have not done before....it makes it look more primitive I think.  This is "turkey time" and there is my little turkey............

I made "Moon Over My Hammie" for my lunch/brunch the other day and it was delicious!  Connie had mentioned it so I went on the internet and got a recipe and I think I will make another today.  Thank you, Connie!  It's basically a grilled ham, omelet and cheese sandwich.  Very good!

I also made some chocolate chip cookies..........

My grandson, Grayson is now commenting on my blog. Beware, he  is a little techno! He sent a link to my blog to his principal! LOL!  Amy said there's no stopping him.  He and Sam each have their own You Tube channel where they show their Lego creations.  I think Amy is right! LOL!  She keeps a close on them though.

Today is catch up on laundry, cleaning and more!  Oh, I used the mop portion of my new robotic vacuum/mop and it did great!  It only used water too which surprised me but it did a good job.

I hope you are all safe and warm and well!  It is very cold here!

Happy Trails!!!





9 comments:

Leftycrafter said...

Sounds like you were wise to listen to your body and take a full day to rest. Now your batteries are charged up again. You have already done quite a bit today. That sandwich looks wonderful. Am going to go and find the recipe. It is almost lunch time here. So glad you did not loose power. My son lives in the Ft Worth area and they got hit hard with the ice storm. 100 car pile up on the I35 too. So tragic. He and his family are hunkered down and waiting for the melting to happen. Stay warm my friend and safe.

Between Me and You said...

Do you check your blood pressure? Maybe it went a bit low but really, you should check out the dizziness with your doc. We've had snow here all week and it's set to thaw over the weekend but replaced with howling gales on Sunday. Well it is winter in Scotland!Keep warm, safe and well. x

Cousin Kay said...

I have usually had about one day a year where I just feel exhausted like that, but not dizzy. So funny about Grayson sending your blog link to his principal!

Miss Merry said...

I remember when I was expecting my first baby, I came home from work at 3:30 pm and slept right through until noon the next day! You are right, there is no sleeping all day with children- sick or not! The other night I fell asleep in my chair at 6 pm when the grandkids left, woke up at 11 and went to bed, but I have to be up at 6 the next morning to feed them and put them on the bus. The tiredness is normal, but I hope the dizziness isn't something. If it happens again, you might want to call your doctor!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Your body just needed to sleep! As long as you are okay now and it doesn't happen often you are most likely ok...mention it to your Doc the next time you go in:) We like Moons over my Hammy! I knew you would like them. Good news that your mopping feature works! Our Dracula has been going at night again:)

Leigh said...

Rest is so important to keep from getting sick! You did good to get the sleep you needed. Your grandkids sound really neat.

Betsy said...

I'm glad that you were able to rest but the dizziness has me concerned. I definitely would mention that to the doctor or the pharmacist you like.
Your sandwich looks delicious. I told Dennis that I want one of those robotic vacuums at the house. There are hardwoods under the carpet and Mandy wants us to leave it uncarpeted but it can be so cold without it. The current carpet is almost 40 years old so either needs torn up or replaced.
Our water source here at the campground is frozen and probably has ruined our electric hose. We have been without running water for over 24 hours and the maintenance guy is on vacation in Mexico. Dennis is going to have to try to do something tomorrow if he can. It's supposed to be below 0 with the wind chill so it's probably a losing proposition since we have no special tools to do anything. :-). Quite an adventure but we're cozy and warm and hauled 15 gallons of water from a friends house tonight so we have a toilet and that's the most important thing! Ha!
Love that your grandson shares your blog. He must be very proud of you.
Take care Sam and take care of yourself.
Blessings,
Betsy

Rain said...

Hi Sam :) Oh your sandwich looks so comforting! I had a bit of a day like that yesterday, not dizzy but just exhausted. I was napping off and on...I'm glad you're feeling better!

Becki said...

How fun that your grandson has shared your blog. :) Your sandwich does look delicious, Sam. And I'm so relieved to read that you're feeling better!