Tuesday, November 9, 2021

Aventures in Aging - Episode #1

 Yes, the aging process is a laugh a minute at my house!  This morning I  made my coffee and I've been putting a little cinnamon in it lately.  Imagine my surprise when I took that first sip and it was hot...not temperature-wise but spicy!  My throat was burning and I realized I hadn't grabbed the cinnamon but the cayenne pepper which looks exactly the same except for the label which I obviously paid no attention to!  Gracious sakes alive....what's next?  I don't even want to know!  Although, I remember my husband's grandmother accidently brushed her teeth once with Preparation H...lol!  If you're aging...be aware and be careful! 

Monday was busy with garbage to take out and I made a chicken stew from a recipe that was similar, or so I thought, to a recipe I used to love....but I don't think it was the same one.  It's tasty but it was an awful lot of work.  I like easier recipes that taste great without a lot of fuss or exotic ingredients.  I made Jasmine rice to go with it. I cleaned litter boxes and ordered some yarn.  

Today, I filled prescriptions up town and taped up my bathroom mirror to paint.  I've painted it and it is outside drying.  It has warmed up this week so I need to get my painting done.

Before:  It is gold which actually is all the rage now but not my style.  It was my parents French Provincial and Italian Renaissance decorating.....not for me!  So, I painted the other one in the guest bathroom cream and antiqued it.

After:

I painted it the same jade green that I painted the little table in my bathroom.  I'll show you again once I have it back on the wall.

The colors are really peak, I guess....there's some that are green, some colorful but not dropping leaves yet and some that are almost bare..........it's really a strange fall............this is a big oak tree in my neighbors yard............

this is across the road........



 

This is across the road in the direction of the lake...........

This next picture is a miracle photo as these 2 do not get along!   Miss Peeps is on the back of the chair and Miss Grace is below. I had to take a picture or no one would believe me! LOL!

That's all folks!

Happy Trails!!!



6 comments:

Jeanna said...

Oh my goodness! Grabbing the wrong spice sounds like something I would do. I have to admit that I once put Ben Gay on my toothbrush and didn't realize until I made the first swipe in my mouth. Boy did I get a wake up call!!! I couldn't rinse enough.
Love the color you chose for your mirror and look forward to seeing it on the wall.
The fall foliage is really pretty and the kitties are adorable. Miss Grace looks like my Sadie did.

Leftycrafter said...

Your fur babies are so cute. It is still a little warm here....80s. Bit the nights are lively in the 50s. Sorry, but I did chuckle about the pepper instead of the cinnamon in your coffee. We separated our cinnamon from the rest of our spices for that reason.

Miss Merry said...

Gosh, I bet that was a surprise! YIKES! Your coffee needed a warning label.

Betsy said...

Miss Peeps and Miss Grace are so beautiful. I do miss having a kitty around.
Oh my goodness! Cayenne pepper! Ouch! I'm so sorry you had to experience that. It doesn't sound fun at all.
The mirror looks so different. Paint is almost like magic in my opinion. There is nothing easier to make a HUGE difference.
Take care my friend. Put the spices up.
Blessings,
Betsy

Leigh said...

I have two cats that refuse to get along too. Both female! I wonder if that's common.

I once made muffins with cayenne instead of cinnamon, so I know how easy this is to do! Dan said they weren't that bad, though, and we ate them anyway.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Looks like the cats may be getting old too ...or they are ignoring each other! It has almost happened to me with the cayanne pepper and cinnamon , easy to do! I imagine it wasn't very good in coffee:)