Sunday, November 28, 2021

YOP Week #22

Things are not going very smoothly here on the homestead.  Nothing terrible just leprechaun's playing tricks I think.  I went to paint and couldn't find my brush.  I went to sand and couldn't find sandpaper or my sander.  I started 3 times on the 2nd mitt and finally gave up.  I think in my heart of hearts I couldn't make another one knowing it would be too small anyway.  I spent time looking for backing material for my Christmas quilt and it has disappeared into the ethers and I could go on and on!  Now, in all honesty, it could have something to do with my being disorganized but I'm not going there right now. 

So, I moved on to the annual collectible ornaments for the grands.  I couldn't find the pattern book but I finally found it.  I  cut all the fabric and zigzagged  the edges so they wouldn't unravel.  I didn't have all the required colors of floss but I substituted.......last year I did the Santa Claus and this year I'm doing the reindeer...........this is a Lori Holt XS pattern available at Fat Quarter Shop

I wanted a mindless project so I started a granny square pillow..........I think I have one side finished but I am going to get a 12" pillow form and then measure.  I tend to crochet tightly so I'd best measure and ensure I have enough rows.  I haven't decided if I'm going to make both sides the same or just wing it.  What do you think?

I did finish row 9 on the Winter Wonderland CAL blanket but it keeps curling up so it's hard to see.  I probably won't have time to work on it until after the ornaments are done.........I am enjoying it.  I just hope I am doing it right.


We had a visitor on Thanksgiving Day.  I'm pretty sure it was Miss Peeps father or brother.  I've seen a short haired cat colored just like Miss Peeps and I'm sure it was her mother or sister.  This cat had the exact same markings but it was bigger and long haired.  It looked very healthy.  It stayed all afternoon and I picked up Miss Peeps and took her to the window but she had no interest.....she was abandoned so she might have some issues with her relations.  Or, it could be Grace's relation since she is a long haired gray cat...hmmm.

That's all for this week.  I hope you all had a nice Thanksgiving if you celebrate it.  Mine was wonderful...I prepped everything the day before so on Thanksgiving Day I just threw it all together and relaxed the day away!  I listened to the Bear's game on the radio and they won!!!   One of the best Thanksgivings ever!

Here's a thought to ponder.........

Happy Trails!!!
 



12 comments:

Cousin Kay said...

Beautiful cat!

Miss Merry said...

I know those days! I live in a tiny house and there are only so many places things can be. Yet, I seem to lose everything I need that minute. I can't wait to see the reindeer!

Kath (BackstageKnits) said...

How frustrating to have those little things go wrong! But those ornaments seem like a great solution - very fun!

Leftycrafter said...

Those darn Leprechauns. Such mischievous imps. Hopefully you will find all the things you were looking for soon. But in the meantime...those ornaments will get lots of love so they can be sent to the boys for Christmas. That cat is gorgeous. I kind of miss having a cat. SO much easier to take care of then a dog. But, I promised hubby not to get another cat after we lost the last one.

Maureen D said...

Cute cat. Are yours strays? Mine is a "found" cat. Sadly she is highly anti-social with other pets. But I love her and we are able to keep her separated. Loving the bright colors of your crochet pillow.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Hi Sam, I started winter wonderland I am on the 6th row, yes it curls a bit. Hope to work on it today. That will be a cute reindeer! I totally understand the not knowing where things are especially now! :)

Breathing Life said...

I chuckled at your thwarted project adventures. Old age eh? lol.
Your thanksgiving sounded perfect, and I wish for you that next week you find ALL the lost things.

Jeanna said...

Well, you made not have worked on some projects but you made nice progress on the others. I've never made a crochet pillow but I think my first thought is to make both sides match. Or just have the crochet on the front and regular fabric on the back? I've stitched a few of the Lori Holt Christmas patterns and think I may turn them into tiny pillows...can't decide.

Betsy said...

It's always interesting trying to find things for projects isn't it? I have the same issue some days. What a beautiful cat. I made a pillow once with granny square on the front and the back was done in sold dc stripes with the same colors of yarn that I used in the granny square. I really liked it. We had it in the camper for years.
Blessings,
Betsy

Ratana said...

I really appreciate your professional approach.These are pieces of very useful information that will be of great use for me in future.
បាការ៉ាត់អនឡាញ _Baccarat Online

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

Grace was adopted and Miss Peeps was found in the wood pile at about 4 weeks old. She was crying and crying and my 2 dogs came running and whining to me that I had to come see and there she was....she's been here ever since but she thinks I'm her Mother.

Rain said...

Hi Sam :) Your granny square is really nice! I laughed at the last photo you posted ha ha. Sounds like you might have poltergeists!!! ;)