Friday, December 3, 2021

Bad Blogger!

 By the time I think of blogging it is sometimes 5:00 p.m. and I'm toast!  I need to remember it earlier in the day!  Plus, I don't always have much to talk about.  I'll try and be better about blogging and visiting others blogs.  My first New Year's resolution for 2022!

I made ham and bean soup yesterday and it was a little too involved for the taste.  It was okay and maybe it will be tastier tonight after "spending a night in the box"! LOL! 


 I managed to bring in the Fall decorations from outside and put up a couple Christmas decorations.  I can't find my outside lights though...........so, I'm rifling through things in the basement and have managed to throw out some things, get some bagged up for the Salvation Army and I've even packed up 3 boxes of books and they're in the back seat of my car.


 

It's been beautiful for the last few days.  Today it's 75 so that is the time to get those outside chores done.  I was going to check my oil and the air in my tires and check the wiper fluid.  Well, I got the stepladder out (I need it to be able to reach the oil stick, I have a Tahoe) and I unlatched the hood and then tried to open it but no go.  So, I tried to close it and no go!  So, I had to go uptown to the mechanic and ask for help!  I hate to ask for help.  They are so nice and they checked the oil, filled my wiper fluid and checked the air in my tires.  Bobby also sprayed WD-40 on the latch so maybe I could get it open next time.  Now, why didn't I think of that?  I have 20 cans of the stuff!  Geez Louise!  He wouldn't take any money for it either!  They'll be getting a batch of Christmas Cookies for sure!

I am waiting for the last Advent gift and it is supposed to arrive today!  I want to get them wrapped and in the mail by Monday...we'll see.  I still have cards to get out and decorations and the tree plus the 2021 Annual Christmas ornaments for the grands and me.  I have 1 done and 3 more to go!

I hope your holiday plans are coming together! I've been watching a different Christmas movie on Netflix every night.  I watched all 3 of the Princess Switch movies....cute and REALLY Christmasy!  With castles and massive decorations and Christmas music.  A few others left much to be desired  so I won't even mention those.  I'll just tell you about the good ones.  The Princess Switch is a bit romance and a bit corn but it was enjoyable to get you in the Christmas spirit.   I'm also reading Candy Cane Murder by Joanne Fluke who writes the Hannah Swenson series.

Here's a little Christmas Cheer........


 

That's all for now!  Happy Trails!!!

 

6 comments:

Leftycrafter said...

Candy cane murder is on my kindle waiting for me to finish up book #10 of her series. I am totally hooked on her books. I learned about them from you. So thank you.

Far Side of Fifty said...

I watched those Christmas Switch movies too, today I started watching The life of Helen Reddy...not sure what the name of it is on Netflix. I will finish it up later tonight...no nap today too good of a movie! Winter wonderland is coming along I am working on the hearts now:)

Ratana said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Betsy said...

We've also seen the Princess Switch movies and really enjoyed them. I can't believe how much you get done every day. I'm almost finished with Mandy's socks. I have about half of the foot left to go and then I still have a pair to make for Mom. Then all handmade presents will be done. Still a few left to arrive from Amazon and need to order Alex & Tara's from Amazon.uk. It's wonderful that you can have accounts in different countries because it makes it easier to buy gifts and you don't have to pay postage to send it.
You've got yourself a great mechanic that takes good care of you. Cookies will be a wonderful payment for his help.
Have a great Saturday Sam.
Blessings and hugs,
Betsy

Miss Merry said...

I am re-reading my Christmas Mysteries and am reading a Joanna Fluke right now!

Jeanna said...

That cartoon is hilarious!!! I made turkey noodle soup with our leftover Thanksgiving carcass, it definitely tasted better the next day.