Sunday, December 12, 2021

YOP Week #24


 It's been a very interesting week...some good some bad but I'm still here so I'll show you what I got done and what I did not get done...........

I finished ornament #2 and started on ornament #3 and then ran out of the brown floss!  I'll go ahead and finish everything else on it and wait for the floss to arrive.......

Meanwhile, since I didn't want to order  just one skein of floss I decided to "kit  up" my new starts............for my Christmas Eve sock cast on this is coming in the mail............

since I spend every holiday and birthday alone, I need to give myself things to look forward to....it's my way of enjoying the holidays...........Christmas Day will be a cross stitch start.......I've had the pattern but just now ordered the material and floss that I didn't have......

For my New Years start it will be this pattern which I have also had for a while.........this is a reproduction of an 1896 sampler............and I need an alphabet sampler....

For my birthday this will be my start.............I have lots of crows inside and outside my house so it is appropriate that I put up some family pictures..........I also have a sign that says "Olde Crow Homestead" that my daughter got me...........this gal's name is Ida Mae.....I have the pattern for her husband too which will be after Ida Mae.  I think his name is Ira..........

As for other happenings around here....we had a big storm but it was nothing compared to what others experienced....there were tornadoes to the north and south of me but we dodged a bullet here.  I continue to pray for those who lost so much and so many.

Here's a picture of all the Advent gifts wrapped up and ready to go..........in fact she's already received them! 

I've been sticking to my cleaning regimen from the book, The Lost Art of Housecleaning by Jan Dougherty.  I have the Kindle edition but I need a hard copy because you go back and forth in the book more like a reference.    I also watch Andrea Jean Cleaning on You Tube...she has some great tips and techniques.  So, I have not gotten a lot done but it's getting there............this is DEEP cleaning folks....everything from the ceiling down even washing the wallpaper, inside and outside of the cupboards and getting rid of things too.  I'm feeling good about it even if it is slow going.


I finished the re-read of the first Mitford series book and I'm still reading Candy Cane murders although it is a compilation of 3 mysteries and I finished the first book.  I started the 2nd Mitford series re-read...A Light in the Window,  and for my non-fiction I am reading When Elephants Weep.....about the emotional lives of animals.

I also made a really good sandwich this week and I don't  usually like sandwiches.......but this one is healthy and excellent except maybe for the mayo and bacon....lol!


I'm no food stylist but as long as it tastes good that's all that matters to me! LOL!

Here's the recipe

and a little Holiday Humor for you............

I hope you all had a great week!

Happy Trails!!!



14 comments:

Cousin Kay said...

Sandwich sounds yummy!

Betsy said...

I was so glad to see that you were safe from the storms. We got snow and you got tornadoes! Crazy. You need to move back to Iowa! It's much safer here. Ha!
That sandwich looks so good. I looked at the recipe and would definitely like to try one.
You've got some great projects planned and lots of cleaning going on too. You are one busy lady.
Take care and don't do too much Sam.
Blessings and love,
Betsy

Leftycrafter said...

Glad to see you safe from those horrible storms. Those ornaments are so close to being done. I think you will make the deadline. You have some great cross stitch patterns to look forward to. I lived the Mitford series. Thank you for the name of the book you are referencing for cleaning. I am now on the book 11 or 12 of the Hannah Swenson murders. Such great bed time reading. Have a great week.

Maureen D said...

I don't know if you are interested but I'll be joining the New Year's Day Cast-on Zoom of Frivolous and Frugal. They have a Ravelry group page where the Zoom link will be posted. Your Christmas Day cast-on looks fun. As my kids have their own lives I know I'll be spending holidays on my own so I appreciate your sharing ideas to help make the day feel special. Congrats on your excellent deep cleaning.

Maureen D said...

My daughter and I loved the Hannah Swenson series back when she was in junior high. She even got "Hannah's" cook book as a gift.
Have to admit I haven't read one in probably 10 years.

Miss Merry said...

I really admire the deep cleaning routine! I wish I would get busy around here. I just love Ida Mae, can't wait to see her. I just finished reading Joanne Fluke's Plum Pudding Murder as I re-read through my Christmas mysteries. Not sure where I am going next.

Ratana said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Far Side of Fifty said...

Love your old crow, it is perfect! Way to go with the cleaning!

Becki said...

I have been deep cleaning as I unpack into our new place, and I keep thinking, "Surely, I can work this kind of cleaning into a schedule". But I know me, and I know that isn't likely to actually happen. But your book has me intrigued. Thinking I need to check that one out. I love your cross stitch patterns, Sam. Ida Mae is especially fun. :)

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I'm glad you are safe from the storms. What a terrible time so many people have had. Love that crow pattern and the funny at the end! Holiday hugs!

Jeanna said...

Oh, I'm very happy to hear that you didn't have the horrible tornadoes.
I've seen Feast of Friendship stitched on a couple of YouTubes...it is a pretty one. The avocado club sandwich sounds delish. We eat a lot of avocadoes so I'll have to share this with my hubby.

Breathing Life said...

Your Christmas/new year/birthday projects sound perfect. I am glad the tornado passed you by. I was worried because I thought you lived closed to the area that I saw on the news. Yay for your cleaning and sorting and organizing. It always feels great to get those projects done, doesn't it.

Lucy Bowen said...

You're so busy as always! I have been inspired by you this week! I am starting early in making my mum an advent calendar for next year!

Jen said...

Glad to see you were not affected by the tornadoes. Looks like you have some great projects coming up.