Sunday, December 26, 2021

YOP Week #25

I hope everyone had a great Christmas or whatever holiday you celebrate.  Today is the start of Kwanza which I had no knowledge of when I was young.  I think it's wonderful to learn other cultures religions and traditions.

I did start my Christmas Day cross stitch but didn't get much done.  I started on the basket....

   

I heard Lori Holt talk about a Sabbath Stitch and I thought that was an excellent idea.  I've had several in mind but this one will be my first...............I was going to start today but I don't have the right material.........it calls for 14 count Aida but all I had was 18 count...it didn't work as the Caron skeined floss is too thick for the 18 count.  Maybe next week.

I knitted more on last years Christmas socks and I'm heading towards the toe on the 2nd sock............

Here is the last Advent gift from my daughter and I love it!  I wear these cobbler aprons all the time because they have pockets and I always need pockets.....

My T-bone steak dinner yesterday turned out great and it was delicious!  I also had time to refurbish my cutting board with the kit I had ordered.  It looks and feels great now.  I highly recommend!

This week I will be reviewing my YOP goals as I know I have gone "off track" plus I need to update my Ravelry project page.  I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and I'm looking forward to 2022 with all of you!

Happy Trails!!!


18 comments:

Maureen D said...

I love your cobbler's apron. What a great idea. I often wear one of my kitchen aprons that has pockets. I'm glad you had a great Christmas dinner. We had warmed up leftovers as we traveled back to Florida on Christmas. But we had a nice brunch with the kids in the morning before we left.

Miss Merry said...

Those are the aprons my mother always wore! We were invited to my daughter's house for a delicious supper she made all herself. It was a wonderful evening.

Catsngrams said...

Merry Christmas and Hoping for a blessed New Year. We went out to our children's to see their Christmas and today we are going for a lunch at our daughters. It is snowing here which we need. I would rather stay in however Mr. wants to go

Between Me and You said...

Merry Christmas to you too. What is your Ravelry name? I'd love to see your projects. My Grandma used to wear aprons similar to yours and I too, wear an apron but it doesn't have pockets so I might remedy that soon.

Cinna Knits said...

Your new apron is LOVELY!! I think any Christmas Day project that gets any traction is a success; yours will be so lovely. I also love the color floss you have for your Sabbath project!

Lucy Bowen said...

I'm glad you had a good Christmas. The steak and cutting board refurbishment sound great. The apron is lovely and yes everyone needs pockets!

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

My Ravelry name is saminar. What's yours? I need to update my projects as I've fallen way behind. Happy New Year!

Kath (BackstageKnits) said...

I'm glad you had a great Christmas dinner. Refurbishing a cutting board is a great idea. And that apron looks like it will be perfect!

Between Me and You said...

Mine is CelticCreative. I shall pop over to Ravelry and message you from there.

Between Me and You said...

Happy New Year too!

Far Side of Fifty said...

What a nice apron! :)

Betsy said...

Sam, I love the apron. Do you know where your daughter found it? I need pockets too!!!!
Your new cross stitch will be wonderful as is your sock. They'll be ready for next Christmas for sure. I also like your new Christmas cross stitch. You always have so much going on.
Tomorrow I hope to start cleaning the house up a bit and taking down some decorations. The workmen will be back to start the final work on the bathrooms tomorrow too. Busy, busy.
Blessings and hugs,
Betsy

Jeanna said...

I haven't seen a cobbler's apron in forever! I think I'll see if I can find a pattern to make some for myself. Did you try one strand of floss on your 18 count aida?

HighlandHeffalump said...

I’ve not heard of a cobbler’s apron before, but I love anything with pockets. I think most kits in the UK come with the fabric and floss needed, or perhaps that’s just the ones I have looked at. Hope it arrives I’m time for next Sunday.

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

She got it on Amazon but in the past I've gotten them on Anthony Richard's

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

Yes, I did but the Caron Watercolors is a 3-ply Pima cotton and 1 strand is a real struggle and shreds the floss.

Leftycrafter said...

I love the Cobbler apron. My apron I wear when baking has pockets too. An apron really does need pockets for it to be useful. Sounds like your Christmas steak was wonderful. Your cross stitch projects always turn out so pretty. You have some lovely ones going on.

Breathing Life said...

I still wear the aprons my dear Aunt made me oh soooo many years ago - and yes they have two pockets!! I like the idea of a Sabbath Stitch - hmmm I may have to come up with something. Happy New Year and may 2022 be an awesome year for you in every way.