Friday, December 24, 2021

Mrs. Claus was busy in the kitchen today!

 I would make a great Mrs. Claus and especially today as I was baking Christmas cookies among other things.  I managed to get some Rollo candies made for my mailman.....he always dresses up like Santa Claus.  I missed him this year but I know he got his gift and card.  He is a great mailman!

I got busy making my beef and barley soup and it is still simmering away....it's an all day soup. 

Meanwhile, I got my snowballs (Mexican wedding cake) cookies made....my favorite!  They need to be rolled one more time in the powdered sugar.  I made up a container of these for my lawn guy and my neighbor..........

Today was the annual Christmas Eve cast on with the Christmas yarn I bought..........so pretty with sparkles too!

Unfortunately, when I went to get my needles to cast on I discovered they were still attached to last years Christmas cast on...........uh, oh!  So, I guess I will finish these before I cast on the new ones.  I think they were the Grinch colorway.

I was going to fix an eggnog with spiced rum and have a fire in the fireplace but it is 67 F here and tomorrow will be 75!  But I will still have the eggnog and rum!  Maybe I'll be painting outside again.

I'm off to get my pj's on, Amy hasn't called yet for Advent and I am going to have my soup with my whole wheat bread that turned out.........I've never made whole wheat before......

After supper I think I'll watch a church service online and It's a Wonderful Life or the original Scrooge.  I hope you are having a great Christmas Eve!

Happy Trails!!!





8 comments:

Cousin Kay said...

Merry Christmas!

Leftycrafter said...

Merry Christmas Sam.

Leigh said...

Wishing you a very happy Christmas, Sam!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Merry Christmas Sam!!

Betsy said...

It sounds like you had another full day. I made a big crockpot full of chili yesterday and could smell it cooking all day. Yum! Your snowball cookies look delicious. My Grandma used to make them too. I haven't had them in a long time. Tonight we got Little Caesars pizza and took it to Mom and then we watched a Christmas Eve service together from our church that was online this year. I think a LOT of churches are doing that this year.
Take care my friend and I'm wishing you a peaceful, blessed and joyous Christmas!
Love and blessings,
Betsy

Susan said...

Merry Christmas, Mrs. Claus! Sounds like it would pay to be your neighbor or mailperson... I could almost smell that soup! Sending you a holiday hug and wishes for a very happy, safe and healthy 2022 xo

Rain said...

Your socks look great Mrs. Claus! Cheers to having eggnog and rum! I'll toast to that! Merry Christmas Sam! ♥

Jeanna said...

Sounds like a wonderful Christmas Eve. You had some warm temps for Christmas!