Tuesday, December 7, 2021

It's a holly jolly Christmas!!!

 I am doing it all in tune to You Tube Christmas music!  I got the Advent gifts in the mail yesterday, did some laundry, and some light cleaning, and checked out the car detailing place but didn't stop in.  I will later this week...maybe.  I did order a new SD card for my tablet, 2 strings of Christmas lights, and some spray bottles for my cleaning solutions.  

Today was more laundry and a little decorating..........the trees are bare, the snowbirds have left and it was 22 F this morning and it is only 42 now.....yes, winter is here in the Ozarks!

 

 

There was a sweet bird at the feeder this morning.....I have no idea what it is so if any of you know....speak up.  I don't have time right now to look it up but one day I'll go back and id all my bird pictures....yeah right! LOL!

This cleaning book I told you about is working perfectly for my lifestyle.  I can't devote hours to anything it seems but she divides rooms into sections from top to bottom.  So, today I did the cupboard and wall above the frig and although she doesn't clean cupboards in her book.  I cleaned the cupboards too.  There wasn't much in it and what was there I pitched so I have an empty cupboard.  What do you put in that cupboard above the frig?  I don't have soffits so I had to take things down from on top of the cupboard and clean those items and the top of the cupboard which was pretty dirty!  I feel so good to have that little section done!  It's not much but these short cleaning sessions don't make me feel so overwhelmed and I can still maintain the rest of the house and chores.

I'm cooking up a bag of carrots for supper with beer battered fish filets, and a baked potato.  It was a good day.  I hope yours was too.

Here's a little Christmas cheer...........

Happy Trails!!!


7 comments:

Miss Merry said...

It is so cool here in Northern Ohio, too! Gosh, a productive day! So, the cupboard above the frig. When I remodeled my kitchen, I had vertical boards put in the cupboard at about 6" intervals and use it to store cookie sheets, muffin tins, cooling racks - the long skinny stuff on their sides like books (I hope you understand what I am saying). It works like a charm. I can almost pull one out with a stool, but usually do need to use the stool to put them away.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

It looks like a Nuthatch to me! Very pretty and neat to see. We don't have those here in FL I don't think but I remember them from NC. Enjoy your decorating and holiday fun! Hugs!

Leftycrafter said...

Oh drat, what was the name of that cleaning book? Sounds like you had quite a busy day. The cabinet above my fridge is used to hold my China and Crystal which will be passed on to Josie when I leave this world.

Betsy said...

You're still so busy. I had to laugh at the meme because it's so true. It's gotten to where I dislike driving around looking for something when I know I can go onto Amazon and find it first thing.
In the cabinet above the fridge I keep one of my medications that comes in bulky containers. It works great because they're out of the way and I don't use that cabinet for anything else anyway.
I hope you have a great Wednesday Sam. They are predicting our first snow of the season for Friday. Yuck!
Blessings and hugs,
Betsy

Antonio Rainey said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jeanna said...

The little cartoon is spot on LOL. I don't know what kind of bird that is, so cute though. I love cleaning and organizing plans that break the chore down into sections. A Bowl Full of Lemons is much like that. It feels good to check those tasks off the list.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Nuthatch or Assup! I call them Assups! Cleaning cupboards already..you are ambitious!