Sunday, December 5, 2021

YOP Week #23



 All the Advent gifts are here!  I will try to put them in order of how she will open them.  I always try to start with the lesser gifts and build up to the better ones, if that makes sense.......

Gift #1 - My daughter has never liked raisins (neither do I) but we both love Craisins so I got her some snack packs she can take to work.

Gift #2 - A Halloween scarf that I made a while ago but could never find it when I wanted to give it to her.  It's not my best work but she can wear it for Halloween....

Gift #3 -  This is a book that has illustrations from Anne Taintor who did a lot of vintage items with snarky comments.  For example, I have a magnet that shows a 50's gal behind the wheel and she's saying "I ran into my ex the other day so I put the car in reverse and ran into him again."  LOL!  Amy and I love that sick kind of humor so I think she will get a kick out of this............  

Gift #4 - We both love Burt's Bees products.........

Gift #5 - ear rings....Amy loves jewelry....she did not get that from me! LOL! 

Gift #6 - Why didn't I order 2 of these...one for me! LOL!  I used to make them but I haven't yet this year...........

Gift #7 - We both love a good mystery and Louise Penny writes some great ones!   This is her first book and I'm fairly certain that Amy has not read her books yet.......

Gift #8 -  Balsam foaming hand soap for that Christmas smell!

Gift #9 - My daughter is an art teacher...and Mary Engelbreit is an artist....nuf said............

Gift #10 -  Amy loves her car and takes very good care of it......I think she will like these Christmassy scents......that is if it's not too cold to smell them! LOL!

Gift #11 - Yes, more Burt's Bees......you can never have too much Burt!

Gift #12 - More good smells for the holidays!  This one is for inside the house....Balsam.

Gift #13 - last but not least..........some crafty goodness!  Amy mentioned she might like to try some wool crafts......so here it is to get her started....she loves woodland animals too........and everything is included...I think she will especially like the cat as they lost their Hector this past year. 

That's it for Advent 2021.  We start opening on the 13th and it goes  up to and including the 25th.

I'll show you next week when they're all wrapped and labeled.  I will be doing that today so I can mail them tomorrow.  The grands have their own Advent calendar that their parents do for them.

As for "making" this past week.  I have only worked on the 2021 collectible ornaments for the grands.  I have one done.......except for initials, date, and final finishing which will all be done at the same time.....if you haven't guessed...it is Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer although he could pass for a pig too if you left off the antlers..... the lighting is really bad today as storms are moving in and it is very dark outside...........

Here is how far I've gotten on Deer #2...if I don't get them done in time for the 25th...oh well....I'll try but at least they will have them for next year......they will get their big presents on time and I'm sure that's what really matters....to them at least! LOL!

I hope you are all enjoying the lead up to the holidays.  I still have lots to do but it's all fun!

Happy Trails!!!













 

13 comments:

Leftycrafter said...

Your Advent gifts are so nice. Amy will love them. It will be fun to see if she duplicated any of the for you. Like the Burt's bees items.
The ornaments are adorable. I bet you get the boys' done well before Christmas.

Cousin Kay said...

Great Advent gifts!

Lucy Bowen said...

I love the thought that goes into an advent swap - I think I may do the same for mum and dad next year.

Maureen D said...

What an amazing advent calendar for your daughter. You are so thoughtful. They all are terrific gifts. Your reindeer cross stitch is sooo cute.

Betsy said...

That is a great selection of advent gifts. Mandy and Dennis both like Louise Penny. They both read the book and then discuss it together. I should really check one of them out and see what the excitement is.
I'm really enjoying my advent stockings that Mandy filled for me. I could have put a few things in it myself, but that takes the fun away. I like a few surprises.
Sam, you'll finish those ornaments in time. Look how fast you're stitching them. Just a few days ago, you hadn't even started and now you have 1 1/2 of them done! Well done!
Have a great Sunday evening and stay warm.
Blessings,
Betsy

HighlandHeffalump said...

Your daughter is a lucky lady receiving all those fabulous items. Would you like to adopt me? 😉

Miss Merry said...

You and your daughter have the cutest Advent tradition! And the ornaments are adorable.

Ratana said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kath (BackstageKnits) said...

How fun to do an advent swap! I’m sure your daughter will love all the gifts

Jeanna said...

You've put together a nice advent for your daughter. The ornaments are coming along nicely. I still have a ton to do...hoping to get my list better organized today, I'll feel better then.

Breathing Life said...

Well I hope she doesn't read your blog and have the surprises spoiled. What great gifts, I am sure they will be well received, and I can't wait to see what you will have in return.

Far Side of Fifty said...

All fun Advent gifts! You can get those ornaments done in time...I know you can!

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

She knows she can never read YOP blogs! LOL!