Wednesday, December 29, 2021

Mid-week already?

 Where does the time go?  I better get my act together as I was hoping to start daily blogging come the New Year.......although my life is interesting to me I'm not sure others will find it so.

My Holiday coffees arrived and they are tasty!  Yesterday I had Holiday Spice and this morning it was Merry Cherry. 

I finally finished Slice #2 of cleaning my kitchen and the dishwasher is done.  I also found some small brushes to get into crevices and they worked great.   Today I start Slice #3 which is the wall and ceiling above the sink, the sink, and the cupboard below.  It won't all get done today but progress is being made.

 I dug out my cross stitch journals which I have never used and I plan on using them this year and documenting all my projects in and out of Ravelry.  I researched cross stitch "rotations" that people do and I found there are many different methods.  I'm going to use rotations for all my projects.

I was supposed to go to Mountain Home today for lab work and doctor appointment.  I called Monday and said I was hesitant because I have remained very healthy for the past 2 years.  The Omnicron variant is raging in our state and only about 46% of the state is vaccinated so, I didn't want to travel there but the nurse said I had to have the lab work or they couldn't refill my prescriptions.  I call that blackmail!  So, I resigned myself to going.  Yesterday morning they called and said that my doctor would do a tele-med phone call instead!  That is like the 3rd time the nurse has assumed she knew more than the doctor and sometimes they do but not this time.  My doctor knows me after 16  years and he knows I have a lousy immune system plus I'm old! LOL!  I'm so happy to stay home plus we woke  up to dense fog this morning so I  would have canceled anyway! LOL!  I'm not driving through hill and dale for 1 1/2 hours in fog.  No sirree Bob!  Another example of the good lord shining down on me!

I hope you are all well and still enjoying the holidays!

Happy Trails!!!
 

5 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Those telemed appointments are great. Good that you got to stay home! Blogging every day sounds good;)

Leftycrafter said...

My RA has been doing telemed with me for over a year now. I love it. Though I still need.to have lab work done but it can be done in her office and there aren't any patients there so works well for me. A cross stitch journal is new to me. Sounds like a great idea though. You know me...I love journals of any kind. I love reading about your day to day living. So a daily blog post from you will make my day a bit brighter.

Miss Merry said...

I am interested in your day to day - plenty exciting for me! I did finally have an in person doctor appt, lab work and a bone density. I really lucked out and it was in a brief period before the new variant. Now I figure I am set for two years which is when I will need an appointment to renew my prescriptions. I did have one tele appointment a year ago and it was a mess. I was on hold for almost an hour and then got transferred to one nurse, a student doctor and finally my doctor. Almost 2 hours by the time we were done (it was just to renew my scripts).

diane in northern wis said...

Loved seeing your Holiday flavored coffees. Just the kind of thing I love too! Glad you didn't have to venture out for that appointment. Stay well! Happy almost New Year to you!

Jeanna said...

As usual, I'm catching up on my blog reading. It has been busy here! Anyway, I use the cross stitch journal to track all of those type of projects. I'm on book #2. I saw the one they offer for quilting but I don't think that one would be useful to me. Glad the doctor was willing to do a tele-med appointment.