Wednesday, December 22, 2021

I'm back!!!

 So sorry I've been gone but my pc monitor went belly-up so I had to quick order a new one and it arrived and I am back in business!  To catch you up on the Advent gifts I received from my daughter (in no particular order except for the last one from yesterday.)  Some antique wooden alphabet blocks.......I think I can spell ZAP with them............

Some cute little tiny skeins of cotton yarn............

A box of bottle brush trees.....so cute!  The box is not full because I already started spreading them around the house....

Yesterday I got a card from my cousin and her husband (she always sends beautiful cards) and this one was no exception...........I love foxes and I told my daughter when she called last night that I thought I would frame it..............it is from a painting..........

We always open our Advent gifts over the phone.  Well, when I opened mine guess what it was......

a box of fox note cards............I told her I think I will make a wall of foxes!  I had a fox at my front door one night just like the one above.....he came up the stairs to the front door and then trotted back down and around the garage......I've never seen it again...I should get one of those outdoor cameras to see what wildlife comes around when I'm sleeping.

I've received some beautiful cards and several are hand painted!  I've also received some special gifts from friends......thank you! 

After I got my new monitor, which is beautiful and the colors are brighter and the screen is bigger so things don't get chopped off or compressed....I then made my menu for the holidays and grocery list and ordered groceries which I picked up today.  I also went out to the highway and got gas in the truck.  My menu is as follows.........

Christmas Eve - Brie Bites, Potato latkes and onion dip, and eggnog with spiced rum, there's also some summer sausage and pimento cheese spread but I doubt if I'll need it! LOL!

Christmas Day - I don't eat much meat but I've had a desire for a T-bone steak for quite awhile now.  I'll make some mashed potatoes and roasted brussel sprouts to go with it.  Hopefully, if I get my act together, there will be Christmas Cookies for dessert.

I haven't thought about New Years or my birthday but some King Crab legs would be a real treat!  I have to go to Mountain Home for a doctor appointment on the 29th so I might be able to snag some there in "the big city". 

I've got soups on the brain this month too....I'm thinking of a Black Bean Cuban soup by Crescent Dragonwagon who's cookbook of soups and breads I adore.  Another old favorite.........on the box of barley.......beef and barley soup.  I think it's time to get supper on....I'm getting hungry!

I hope you are all well and enjoying the season!

Happy Trails!!!  





7 comments:

Betsy said...

Your menu is making me hungry since it's almost time to start dinner.
I love all of your advent gifts, especially the bottle brush trees. Everyone seems to know of your love of foxes don't they? Gorgeous pictures of both of them.
Merry Christmas Sam! I'm glad you're back in business with your new monitor.
Blessings,
Betsy

Leftycrafter said...

Those fox items are so sweet. We had a fox in our neighborhood a couple years ago. I find them fascinating. So glad you got your new monitor. Your Christmas menus sound great. Soup weather has finally arrived here. I made pozole last week. Tomato soup and grilled cheese is tonight. Ham and beans are coming up as is chili.

Cousin Kay said...

Glad you like the card! And I love those fox note cards. Your Xmas menu sounds great.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Very pretty Fox cards! Glad you got a monitor and are up and running again! Your menu sounds great!

diane in northern wis said...

Love all your ideas for Christmas meals....we're working on that too! Nice gifts you're getting!

Miss Merry said...

Glad to hear you are back in business! The foxes are wonderful! We had our Christmas last Sunday and I made baked ham, roast beef, cheesy potatoes and macaroni salad, and chicken gnocchi soup. Needless to say, the leftovers will last until Christmas day. I bought some shrimp rings and we have chips and crackers and cheese. I was hoping for some steaks, but our beef farmer just had a baby and forgot that the week it was to go in was deer processing week. They then actually organized all the local farmers to donate hay, grains and supplies on an army of flat bed semi's and farm trailers full of household items and pallets of diapers and my farmer led a convoy to Kentucky to a fairgrounds where the farmers were waiting to take all the feed and grain and hay to their own farms! And they set up a huge barn like a Walmart with departments for families to come in when they are ready to get household items to replace what is lost. So I can certainly wait my turn for beef and celebrate the Christian spirit of my community this Christmas.

Jeanna said...

Oh this post has my mouth watering. More really nice advent gifts!