Thursday, December 9, 2021

Prepping for the big guys visit!

 I decided to put my good dishes in the cupboard above the frig.  I think Miss Merry suggested it and it worked out perfectly.......These dishes mean a lot to me but they're not expensive.  I got them back in the day when you could get a piece or pieces based on your grocery bill.  They are grocery store dishes that I collected for quite a while.  There were 6 in our family so our grocery bill was always pretty big. 

I have my Mother's dishes (2 sets) which are very expensive china but they're not my style and my dishes have memories attached to them. 

While cleaning I ran into this gadget....do you know what it is?  I got it at an antique store or flea market somewhere...it was tucked away and I never used it.

This is the inside..........

To the best of my knowledge, it is an old fashioned juicer but I haven't tried it yet.  It would be nice, as the juice you buy in the store is pasteurized and that kills off the vitamins from what I understand...same with sauerkraut and milk or anything that is pasteurized.  I want to make my own kraut one of these days.   I'll do some research and get back to you on this "juicer"..

The only things I have on the frig are on the side and it's inventory sheets, menu and recipes for the week/month..........plus a number for a 24 hour nurse from my insurance company.

A juvenile woodpecker stopped by today............

It was menu, grocery list,  and grocery order today.  I didn't think it would be that much but I needed vacuum seal bags for the Food Saver and they are pricey.  I also got baking supplies for Christmas baking.  I'll pick them up tomorrow at 10:00 a.m.  Tomorrow it's going to be in the 70's.....temps have really run the gambit lately.  I need to go do a bit more cleaning before the day is over.

Here's a little Christmas cheer or Holiday Hoopla whichever you prefer............

 



Happy Trails!!!     

6 comments:

Miss Merry said...

Love the drummer boy slogan LOL!! I went grocery shopping today and was actually under budget. We'll see what I forgot to get.

Leftycrafter said...

My china is in the cupboard above the fridge. Someday I will take them down and use them just because I can. That juicer looks interesting. Bet it works good too.

Far Side of Fifty said...

What an interesting juicer!! Let us know how it works!

Betsy said...

That drummer boy meme is hilarious. Anyone who has been around a baby would definitely understand.
I purchased our dishes from the grocery store too. It took a long time but we finally had the entire set. I gave them to a friend when we moved to Spokane. Dennis had bought me a set of "good" china before we got married from China Pete's on Okinawa when he was in the Air Force. I've passed it on to Mandy now.
That is a cool juicer. I would love to know if it works.
Blessings,
Betsy

Jeanna said...

That is smart use of the cabinet above the refrigerator. I went grocery shopping last night and got the ingredients for my holiday baking. I don't plan to start for another week and a half but I didn't want to wait for the shopping in case things become harder to get.

Cousin Kay said...

"Little Drummer Boy" is hilarious!