Friday, December 31, 2021

Winter is on it's way!

 So, I figured I should wash my winter socks and get them ready.  These are all my hand-knitted socks that keep me so warm in the winter.  I wash them before I put them away for summer but I like to wash them again after they've sat in the drawer all summer and fall.

It is beautiful today....going to be 71 and I went to get the mail and I need to sit outside or take a walk because the end is coming....the end of the warm weather that is.  I hope it's not the end but a cold front is coming in tonight which could cause severe storms in our area.  They always come at night too.  Thank goodness I have my weather radio to go to sleep with.

Meanwhile, I am working on final finishing the ornaments....a little late this year.  I also need to make some shrimp cocktail sauce for the shrimp cocktail tonight.  I will have some crackers, cheese and summer sausage.  I made the Cuban Black Bean soup and it was good but not good enough to make again.  This gal said they loved it so much they served it at their wedding reception.  Maybe they were Cuban but it wouldn't be my choice.....I'd go for Penzey's Beer, Brat, and Cheddar soup at my reception.....just sayin'.  

I ordered my first book for 2022 but they sent me part of it online until the real book arrives.....the Kindle edition was $13 while the paperback with free shipping was $10...it will be here the 4th..on my birthday....I can't wait!  I have some other books lined  up for 2022 which I will share with you later.  I checked out NYT's best sellers, NPR's editor's picks and Amazon's top 100 of 2021.....I found Amazon's lists and categories easier to navigate and find the type of books I enjoy.

I hope you have a safe and enjoyable New Years Eve and I hope all things improve in 2022.  Tomorrow is the Iowa Hawkeyes playing in the Citrus bowl game and my New Year's Day XS start.  Along with some pork chops, potatoes and gravy with green beans.....no, I don't do black-eyed peas and ham....I tried one year and I was not impressed so, no luck for me! LOL!


Happy Trails!!!
  


5 comments:

Miss Merry said...

Happy New Year!!! I am not a fan of black bean soup either. We are having the rest of the meatballs and the rest of the chicken wings I purchased for Christmas. I stuck some of both in my freezer. And, our big splurge - chip dip with our chips!

Leftycrafter said...

May your new year being you joy, peace and blessings. Tonight we are doing meats and cheeses and crackers. Something easy as we are gearing up for a lot of company on the 2nd with tons of food.

Cousin Kay said...

I loved "Where the Crawdads Sing"!

Betsy said...

We had our cheese ball with crackers and Vera's almond cake tonight before Dennis went to bed...at 9:30. I may make it midnight, but probably not. We do black-eyed peas either. Just don't like them.
I saw on the weather about your storms tonight. I've already prayed for you and will continue throughout the night. We're supposed to have 8-10 inches of snow through the day tomorrow. We already have a sheet of ice on everything from freezing fog that never went away all day.
I sure hope 2022 is kinder to everyone than 2021 was. Happy New Year my dear friend.
Blessings,
Betsy

Jeanna said...

I've been replying to your comments on my blog....have you been getting my email replies? I just went to send you an email and realized that your coming up a noreply-comment blogger :(

Anyway...I want to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!! Hope you have a great day. Sorry to post this here but I don't have an email address.