Saturday, December 25, 2021

Merry Christmas!!!

 

Well,  last night I tried to watch Scrooge and I couldn't find it (I don't have regular t.v.) just Roku and You Tube and Netflix.  I did find It's a Wonderful Life but I would have had to rent it.  So, I tried to find a Christmas Eve church service.  It was all mega churches and it looked like a theatrical performance more than church and the pastor was wearing a black leather jacket.....I was looking for something a little more traditional.  Finally, I put on a video of a fire crackling and a blizzard howling outside.....a gal can pretend.  I knitted on my last year's Christmas sock and I'm ready to knit the toe now.  Maybe I'll be able to wear them next Christmas! LOL!  All in all it was a great day.

BTW the soup was delicious too.  Amy couldn't find her Advent gift from me but I opened mine.........a backyard bird jigsaw puzzle from the Audubon Society.....maybe it will help me learn which birds are which finally............

I'll be finishing up my Christmas mystery book today....There were 3 mysteries by 3 different authors and they have all been good.  I love reading for the season.........

The girls are enjoying Christmas morning...........it's already 68 F outside so Grace is taking a sunbath............

and Miss Peeps is watching bird t.v.............

I took my neighbor her little gift of cookies and a card and she had a gift for me too.........so sweet ...literally......candy and cookies..........so thoughtful!

Today I'll be starting my Christmas Day cross stitch........

I've also got mashed potatoes to make, roasted brussel sprouts, and a T-bone steak with my name on it!

Since it is already warm out  I may even do some painting outside.....for whatever reason I will be outside...it is beautiful!

Here's a little holiday humor......

Merry Christmas everyone!!!

Happy Trails!!!







5 comments:

Betsy said...

Merry Christmas Sam. It's supposed to be in the 50's here today too before getting colder next week. It sounds as if all is Merry and Bright at your house tonight.
We also tried to find an online service to watch with Mom last night. We did watch our church's service but it would have been nice to see a full service too.
Your T-bone sounds wonderful. I'm not sure what's on the menu at our nephews home but tomorrow I'm making a ham dinner with mashed potatoes, gravy, corn w/cream cheese and jello. I'm looking forward to it.
I hope you have a wonderful day today my friend.
Blessings and love,
Betsy

Far Side of Fifty said...

Merry Christmas Sam! Have a great day!

Leftycrafter said...

Sounds lone you had a blessed day. Merry Christmas.

Miss Merry said...

Merry Christmas! I have that book, too! It is a favorite, I am a fan of all three authors. I found a channel that ran White Christmas over and over and over. So I "watched" it over and over and over while I was reading and hubby was snoring. Your dinner sounds delicious.

Jeanna said...

Hope you had a Merry Christmas!