Thursday, November 11, 2021

Thank you to all our veterans!

It's a beautiful day here and the colors just get prettier and prettier...........this is a gorgeous weed!


This week is definitely "peak" colors.  We had a nice storm last night which woke me up but no warnings just thunder and lightening and rain.....a cozy storm.

I dragged another WIP out to finish and it is the Multnomah shawl that I have started now for the 3rd time.  I started it several years ago.  Hopefully this will be the last time.  It has a fan and feather border that I messed up last time so then I found a fan and feather dishcloth to practice on.  I had no trouble with the dishcloth but then I didn't go back and do the shawl!  I'll probably have to do another dishcloth.

Yesterday I scraped and cleaned the mirror I painted and got it back up on the wall in my bathroom...


  I also baked cookies, made egg salad, and cooked up the last of the banana peppers from the garden.  I hauled in the softener salt from the car and 38 pounds of cat litter.  Now, today I'm tuckered out.  I did a load of laundry and wrote a letter and that's about it.  I better get up and go do something! LOL!

Far Side of Fifty mentioned a CAL (crochet along) that is starting today.....Winter Wonderland.  It's on Ravelry.....I'm considering it.  It is really pretty!

I hope you are having a good Veterans Day.

Happy Trails!!!


 



5 comments:

Jeanna said...

The mirror came out beautiful. Great job! I haven't crocheted or knitted in so long. I'm not sure I can remember my login LOL.

Betsy said...

Great job on the mirror. It turned out great. I like cozy storms too. We rarely had thunder out west and I dreaded lightening because of forest fires, so I love the thunder and lightening here as long as tornadoes aren't included! :-)
I've made a couple of Multnomah shawls. I'm sure this one will be great for you. You are so talented.
How do you get so much done in a day. I just discovered Chewy.com today. Puppy food is 1/3 of the cost we've been paying at Petsmart! I wish I had known about it 3 months ago. Oh well. Hopefully we'll save lots of money now.
Have a great evening Sam.
Blessings,
Betsy

Miss Merry said...

The mirror is so cute. And your fall colors are amazing. We had a crazy wind storm this afternoon and all the leaves have blown away. Then it got dark and rained and, since the time changed, we have had darkness since 5 pm. I love the shawl and I am so impressed you are finishing some UF0s!!!! Egg salad sounds good, maybe tomorrow. I have a roast in the crockpot. New stove delivered at 8:30 am - took until now for my husband to get it all hooked up. Long story. Just pray your stove lasts, all I'm saying.

Rain said...

Hi Sam! :) Your mirror is looking good. Holy crap (lol no pun intended) that's a lot of cat litter to haul!!! We use wood chips now and it works so well. It took some getting used to for the cats, but it's so much cheaper than litter. You deserve a rest!!! :)

Far Side of Fifty said...

Very pretty leaves! Hope you like the CAL!