Thursday, November 25, 2021

Happy Thanksgiving to those in the U.S.!


I spent yesterday prepping my meal for today......here' s my menu:

Roasted turkey breast with bone in

mashed potatoes and gravy

sweet potato casserole (with marshmallows on top)

plain old green beans

cranberry sauce out of the can

raspberry pretzel salad which I am calling dessert


 

I wanted to get everything ready yesterday as the Chicago Bears play at 11:30 and I listen to the game on the radio .  

I'll be starting work on the 2021 Annual Christmas ornaments for the grands.  I gave up on trying to make gifts for Christmas.  I'll make things throughout the year and surprise people when they least expect it! LOL!  I needed something mindless to work on so I decided to make a granny square pillow. 

Lori Holt has a crochet series on You Tube and the 2nd episode shows you how to make a pillow so that is what I am doing.  I can do this and watch t.v. ,while the mosaic crochet project I have to focus on with no interruptions! LOL!  I'm  using Stylecraft Special DK yarn that I have laying around and a G hook.

Happy Trails and I hope you have a wonderful day!!!
 

  

7 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Happy Thanksgiving Sam! Do you have a problem with Stylecraft Special DK tangeling? I do so I always wind mine into a ball! My yarn for Winterwonderland is stalled in West Fargo ND and it has been there sine last Thursday night, I finally put a complaint in with the Post Office maybe I will get it Friday or Saturday. What a bummer. Oh well. We just had Pizza for lunch and ribs are in the crockpot for supper tonight ...not fancy...trying to clean out the deep freeze.
Have a wonderful day!

Cousin Kay said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Let ua know how the raspberry pretzel salad is.

Miss Merry said...

Happy Thanksgiving. Your meal sounds scrumptious.

Leigh said...

Sounds like you had a cozy and yummy Thanksgiving! Happy Happy!

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

Actually, no. I've never had trouble with it tangling. Some others yes, but not Stylecraft.

Right Choice Home Care said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jeanna said...

Your menu sounds delish. Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving.