Thursday, November 18, 2021

Throw back Thursday among other things............

 I've been getting a lot done around here despite the tiredness the other day but I must admit I went to bed at 6:00 p.m. last night....I could not keep my eyes open any longer!  Well rested today for sure!

I made a yummy dinner last night....by Chef John who has a lot of recipes on www.AllRecipes.com.  His recipes are always good but this one was out of the park!  Greek Lemon Chicken and Potatoes...here's the link

Not only is it good but it makes the whole house smell wonderful!   Basically you put chicken and potatoes in a roasting pan and mix the marinade right in the pan and bake....the only real work is peeling the potatoes.  You can make a gravy from the drippings but I didn't.  It called for chicken thighs but I had a cut up chicken (that I personally cut up when I get it home from the store.  I like bones and skin...it adds way more flavor to your cooking) so I used that and it worked fine.  Easy, delicious dinner.

I've been working on the pantry still....I'm slow but I'm persistent!  I started this in the Spring or was it last year?  I have one shelf I can't remove so I will have to paint it "in place".

Before: this is what is left to paint..........besides the doors which I have decided will be gray......

After:  I think it's the cutest little pantry this side of the Mississippi!  Plus, I can see in  there now!

In addition to the chicken dinner.........I am now making an old recipe of mine from way back when recipes called for #2 cans and such.  This is the "throwback" part of the post.  BTW, a #2 can is 20 ounces or about 2 1/2 cups.  I just used 2 14 oz cans of pears....remember when they used to be 15 ounces?

I am waiting for the jello to gel......I've had a craving for Jello salads lately.............and yes, they still make Dream Whip!


 

During the night we had a rain storm with wind and an earthquake too.....Of course, I slept through the whole thing but when I looked out this morning my trees had lost a lot of their leaves!  Evidently, Mother Nature was blowing and shaking them to get the leaves off! LOL!  It has been a beautiful, long, and lingering fall here.   One of the nicest I can remember and it's still nice!

I finally got the last of my Christmas orders in so I am done except for making things.  Sunday you'll see what I've been working on.

Happy Trails!!!




8 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Such a pretty cupboard! The chicken sounds good I may have to try it! Enjoy your nice weather!

Miss Merry said...

You keep moving forward, so who minds the speed? I am always in awe of all you accomplish! Your pantry is adorable.

Jeanna said...

Those recipes sound wonderful. I think I would prefer a whole cut up chicken as well. I was looking at your pear cheese salad recipe and couldn't get past your beautiful handwriting! Isn't it amazing how the right color (or non-color) of paint can brighten up a space...even a pantry? Its looking very nice. Your persistence is paying off. Looking forward to your Sunday post. Enjoy the weekend.

Betsy said...

That chicken dish looks delicious. Especially now that it's getting colder. And that recipe that's written out...is that your handwriting? It's so beautiful and perfect.
Your pantry is so cute. I love that shelf paper. Is it Pioneer Woman? I like the paint colors that you chose. It's all very happy and cheerful.
I hope you have a nice relaxing weekend.
Blessings,
Betsy

Susan said...

Oh, jello salads! My mom used to make one with lime jello, cream cheese and crushed pineapple. It was delicious! You slept through an earthquake? What is your secret???

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

Yes, the shelf paper is Pioneer Woman.

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

I don't think it was a big earthquake although others noticed it. I do seem to sleep hard and long. I think the good Lord is having me practice and get ready for "the BIG sleep"! lol!

Antonio Rainey said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.