Friday, June 10, 2022

Is it just me or what?

 This has been a crazy week!  I took Grace to the vet in Missouri on Monday.  I was allowed to go inside with her after I called from my phone in my car.There was a big STOP sign by the door that said DO NOT COME IN.....call from your car.  I figured it was left over from when Covid first came on the scene plus they had said they were remodeling.  Well, they allowed me to come in but there was no remodeling going on.....strange.  They left me in the room for quite a while before the vet came in and there were only a few cars in the parking lot.  She examined her and was going to work up an estimate of antibiotic treatment or sonogram.  That took at least 30-45 minutes.  I opted for the shot and not the sonogram as I figured a lot of her  problem was that she was long-haired and matted and couldn't keep herself clean.  Anyway,  then they took my card and said they would be back with my receipt...another 30 minutes waiting.  Finally, I got out of there.

Yesterday, I left the house at 7:00 to get there by 8:00 and her appointment was at 8:30.  I called when I got there and they took her in and said she would be first as they knew I was going to wait and not go home and come back later in the afternoon like the locals do.  So, I sat in my car for 3 hours!  I finally called a little after 11:00 and I could hardly hear the gal so I said I would come in and she said "no, you can't...I'll be out to talk to you."  She said they were doing a euthanasia and no one was allowed in the building.....huh?  She took my card and then brought Grace out in her carrier and gave me my card back and the receipt.  Also, there are signs all over the building like no loitering and they have big farm gates that they warn are closed and locked at 5:00 p.m.  I've never seen anything like it!  Maybe the vet is in the witness protection program?

When I got Grace home and out of the crate she was basically bald and she had 2 cuts on her tail which they never mentioned.  The did not trim her feet or her face and they left a "tassel" on the end of her tail.  She looked like a circus animal!  I think she was totally humiliated and I don't blame her!  I will not be going back there!  Here is a picture of her....she doesn't look bald here but trust me they pretty much shaved her down to the skin.  I've had her groomed before and they always did a beautiful job...this was not!  Plus, I paid to have the vet anesthetize her so she wouldn't be traumatized and also the groomer would have an easier time.  So, there was really no excuse for cutting her twice.  I'm glad she had the antibiotic shot Monday so hopefully there won't be an infection from it.



So, needless to say I won't be going back there and I already found another vet that is closer to home and highly rated!  Thank you, Lord!

It's so good to stay home today as it is dark and raining.....very cozy!  I'll be making a menu, grocery list, and ordering groceries.  There's cleaning and hopefully working on the craft room  What are you up to today?

Happy Trails!!!
    

8 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Poor Grace, long haired cats are hard to keep mat free. We had one once and I brushed him nearly every day and cut out mats myself. I loved that kitty so much, he died from feline leukemia. Good groomers are hard to find...I believe the vet in town still has signs up also they don't allow anyone inside anymore. Hope you keep on feeling better!

Leftycrafter said...

My son's cat had to be shaved too. He wouldn't groom himself either. They always left a pom pom on his tail as well as hair on his feet. It is called a lion cut. He would sulk for a few days too after the cut but we all just told him he was super handsome. Then he would puff up and strut around like the king of the household.

Jeanna said...

Poor baby! What a story. Sounds like something very strange going on there and good that you found a new vet.
I've packed my featherweight and fabric to sew at a friend's house this weekend.
Hope you have a great weekend.

Betsy said...

Poor Miss Grace. She probably didn't know what was happening. I"m sorry they didn't work out (Two Cuts!?) I wouldn't be taking her back either so I'm glad you found someone else.
We went to Brad & Mandy's so Dennis could mow. They come home tomorrow and we didn't want them to have to worry about that right after getting home. The photos I'm getting look like they're having a really good time.
Blessings,
Betsy

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I'm glad you found another vet and sounds like you need a different one. We are finally getting some much needed rain today so I'm happy to stay inside and catch up on your happenings!

Miss Merry said...

What a horrible experience!!! Just awful!!! I am so glad you found someone.

Cousin Kay said...

Awful! Glad you're moving on.

Leigh said...

Very strange indeed. I wouldn't go back either!