Thursday, June 30, 2022

New doctor!!!

 I went to my appointment with my new doctor yesterday.....he spent 45 minutes with me!  45 minutes!  I've never had a doctor spend that amount of time with me.  I think it was because I was a new patient and he went over my medical history with me.   He said I am probably still healing as I told him it feels a little like a pulled muscle.  He indicated that as we get older a colonoscopy is considered an invasive procedure and not recommended unless absolutely necessary.  Evidently I am of that age.  Awesome! Finally a plus for getting older!  He is just as smart and kind as I first thought and I am so happy he is my doctor!

Today I have lots of catch up work to do. I had blood work done yesterday since I told him I had had nothing to eat so I just had to go next door to the hospital.  No lines, no waiting, it was wonderful.  I go back in a month.  I did forget to ask him about diet but since I can still feel it I won't be experimenting any time soon.  By the time I got home I was tired and took a nap so I got nothing done yesterday except water the plants outside and feed the birds and critters (mine)...lol!

Here's some food for thought.........literally...............

Happy Trails!!!
  

2 comments:

Betsy said...

I'm glad you like your new doctor. That's very important and necessary to have confidence in him. It sounds like he's up on things and taking your wants/needs into consideration. It's not a "one size fits all" approach.
I have to take Mom to the eye doctor this afternoon. She detests him because she said he never even looks at her eyes or spends more than two minutes with her. That's not even near the truth. I've gone with her the past three visits and he spends at least 20 minutes to 1/2 hour with her each time. He does all kinds of tests because she does have special medical needs with her eyes. He has told her the last two times that her vision hasn't changed...but she thinks it has. She doesn't remember anything and gets mad at me when I tell her he has examined her thoroughly. It's not as easy as changing doctors because there aren't many that are "medical" eye doctors. He also knows her history and is VERY nice to her. I don't understand her strange dislike of him. I'm sure a lot of it is the memory loss thing but she gets angry fairly quickly these days and it's frustrating for all of us.
Sorry about the long comment. Sometimes it just comes out! Need to vent??? :-)
Blessings,
Betsy

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

No problem Betsy! That's what my blog posts are sometimes! I'm sorry about your MIL....it's frustrating for those around here and must be for her too. None of like to admit we might be "slipping".